Have to get rid of entire collection

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry I can't help you out. If I was closer I could have baby sat your pythons until you were in a position to take them. I have had some pretty rough times in the past few years, including feeling very isolated and alone. If you ever need someone to talk to I would be happy to lend an ear.

Hey Mate,
I am so sorry to hear that, agreed with pretty much everyone above, try and see if there is a rental place that will allow you to have them Or hide them under the bed or something (for the short period of time of course).
Good luck mate, I am so sorry to hear again :(.

Sorry to hear mate. As others have said I would gladly look after one for you if I was closer.

I find that real estates don't mind animals in enclosures. I have 2 large fish tanks and when they did the inspection they just said "oh they're nice!".

On a related note, real estates aren't allowed to look through your cupboards ;)

You could try finding someone at the local reptile society to either baby sit or buy, even it it just becomes someone local enough to take them when you get inspected?

illawarrareptilesociety.com.au

They meet on Monday (First Monday of the Month, except January, April and October), 7pm. In the Fairy Meadow Community Hall on the corner of Cambridge Ave and the Princes Highway Fairy Meadow, (It's in the Park opposite the Woolworths Supermarket).

sorry to hear that, my mother was the same she kicked me out wen i was 20 and my sister 18 and i had to rent a unit and hide my chihuahua and 2 birds wen they came for inspections. if you can rent a place keep them and hide them if you have to.

also if you need someone to look after them i am happy to help.

stay positive, you will get through this and you will be stronger for it.

thanks to everyone for the overwhelming support :) Got a place sorted for them at my uncle's place when I move.

Glad to hear you found somewhere, your uncle sounds like he's supportive, glad you've still got family around to help.

Yeah man I was very suprised and relieved. He is a very quiet person rarely speaks his mind but showed great support when I needed him.

so glad you found some were to keep them. now you need to find yourself a place to rent were you can keep them. this situation will be a big learning curve for you and will only make you stronger. learn to save money for a rainy day so if your ever in this situation you can afford to hire a storage unit and house them ect

i learnt this years ago and i am so much stronger now than i was back then.

I work in Mental Health and Disability so I have a rough idea of the circumstances you are coming from as I deal with clients that have similar issues as your mother. Each and every case is unique with different circumstances.
I do want to say this though, try not to let the emotional and/or physical abuse your mother has been giving you change your outlook on yourself.

Things may seem rough at the moment but try to look at it as a positive. Now that you have sorted your herps in the meantime, you can start looking for a place of your own and move on to the next step in life with freedom away from abuse.
Hopefully your uncle can help you with this too, but there are many community services that can help you also in this situation when you are looking for accommodation.
In the short term, Dept or housing may be able to put you up in a motel or shelter if you have no present accommodation. They can also give you what is called a 'tenancy guarantee', which is a guarantee to any real estate that they will pay an extra $1500 on top of your bond upon exiting if your bond does not cover damages (not saying there will be, but its an added incentive to a landlord) You can also get a bond start loan from them that will cover one week of your 2 weeks in advance and 3 weeks of your bond. You will need to pay that back to them in installments over 12 months

Going to the herp society meetings is a great idea, you can meet people who are like minded and most you will find to be very supportive. A lot of the time we hear about the bad people within the hobby but there are plenty of good ones too :)
You have friends as you have seen in this thread :) if you need to talk to someone there are plenty of people willing to listen.

Glad you got that sorted out!

For future reference, ask the landlord about their tank policies. If there is nothing in the agreement about aquariums/tanks there is nothing they can do to you legally. Now, that does not mean that they won't find some other way to cause you grief. BTW, that's how it is over here in the States. If you are unsure always call a lawyer and ask for a free consultation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I may be able to help

Hi my name is warren Hatherly and I live in the Illawarra I may be able to help you hit me up on face book and we can talk more about it

generally landlords say no to pets such as cats and dogs. I know - mine gave me the go ahead for my german shepherd then changed his mind the eve of my moving in.
I really don't see an issue with reptiles though but you never know. Some landlords can be very weird.

I'm not that far from you so if you need a repti-sitter pm me and we can always work something out.

You're 28 mate, you should have moved out of your parents house years ago and spent the thousands of dollars on setting your self up instead of on reptiles.

Use this as a learning curve and change what needs to be changed, sorry to be harsh but your an adult blaming your mum for problems in your life.

I was living there to help her with daily duties. But cheers for the advice

You're 28 mate, you should have moved out of your parents house years ago and spent the thousands of dollars on setting your self up instead of on reptiles.

Use this as a learning curve and change what needs to be changed, sorry to be harsh but your an adult blaming your mum for problems in your life.

Its ok ,, from what I have heard they move out about 18 or so and move back about 3 or 4 times before it becomes permanent .

thanks to everyone for the overwhelming support :) Got a place sorted for them at my uncle's place when I move.
Might be something worth checking out but in Queensland the person who is licensed for the animals needs to live at the address that the animals are being kept at.

Glad to see things are improving for you. Living with people who have mental health issues can be very emotionally draining and it can be difficult to understand them at times. You seem to be moving forward though and there is certainly a lot of help available to those who seek it - and I am SO glad you got to keep your pets :) Well done and best of luck to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back