Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yommy - i was thinking the same thing about timeframe as sson as i saw that pic. I might try that method this year with a clucth and see how it goes. I know which girl ill try it with too - her last two seasons have seen her eggs go full term and die for some unknown reason - so a different method might help.

boondocker - do you ever uncover the eggs to either A) just check on them and make sure not dying/mouldy etc b) to helo circulate air around them?

Thanks for sharing!

Just thought I would chime in guys. Really enjoyed the last few posts about breeding as this will be a future project of mine and no doubt will help others in a similar boat.

Great stuff!

I love the fact that we can employ so many different methods with different outcomes.

Sounds like an interesting idea Dave. I may just pick 1 random egg from each clutch and try.
Though I may stay with my tried and proven method with the Rabbit Flats :)

Brad what you usual timeframe day wise for hatching?

I use the 80g water to 100g of perlite ratio with eggs hatching day 53-55 @ 31.5 degree's

Last edited:
Sounds like an interesting idea Dave. I may just pick 1 random egg from each clutch and try.

I use the 800g water to 100g of perlite ratio with eggs hatching day 53-55 @ 31.5 degree's

Are you sure you do not mean 80 grams perlite?

...I produced some killer animals this year here are a couple more photos.
You sure did! Any chance of more pics of the one in the bucket at about "10 o'clock" with the reduced pattern?

Cheers, Aaron

Steve :)

My 5 month old male woma Steve. I've had him for two months now. He's shed once in that time and is fairly docile but seems fairly food crazy! He's my first python and has been great, I love him to bits. After seeing the previous posts I'm super excited to see how his colouring changes as he gets older.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 171

I use the 80g water to 100g of perlite ratio with eggs hatching day 53-55 @ 31.5 degree's

Brett, 52 Days.

Good to see some wild specimens. It looks pretty big but its always hard to tell without something to give it some scale. How big was that one?

evy8yqe6.jpg
gevevube.jpg

For those interested here's some male combatting to get the males interested and the female excited.......
Works a treat......

Attachments

• 6 JUL 13 036.jpg
    6 JUL 13 036.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 105
  • 6 JUL 13 035.jpg
    6 JUL 13 035.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 103
  • 6 JUL 13a 009.jpg
    6 JUL 13a 009.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 108
Great pics and awesome looking womas as usual yommy. Thanks for sharing.

a bit of tanami loving this morning.

Attachments

• IMG_9223.JPG
    IMG_9223.JPG
    348 KB · Views: 82
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back