Not my face, please?!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Becca-Marie

Reaction score
Ok anyone got any ideas on how to stop babies trying to take a chunk out of your face?

Lol i do. Iv had snappy babies before and realise im going to cop a few chews but iv never had one consistantly aim for my face. Plus hes longer then my arm lol

Sent from my LG-P690f using Tapatalk 2

hande frequently and don't stop handling after he bit you.... if he connects keep him out for another 5 min or so... eventually he'll get the point that biting you achieves nothing and just results in you handling him longer (debateable)/ get used to being handled.

good luck ;-)

Use someone elses arm/face to handle :D

No one else but me is snake friendly.

I never put him straight back, hes very messy so he needs his enclosure cleaned more regularly then the others so he gets slightly more regular handling. Just a thing im hoping he will get over.

are you using alcohol wash between snakes? just the sent of a different snake can make one more on the aggressive side.

they are just trying to give you a kiss

No one else but me is snake friendly.

I never put him straight back, hes very messy so he needs his enclosure cleaned more regularly then the others so he gets slightly more regular handling. Just a thing im hoping he will get over.

Use somebody whom you don't like:D Just kidding Becca-Marie, Im crook with the flu today and on lots of meds to get me through the working day. I hope he settles down for you. When they are small its more your feelings that get hurt in saying that im sure i'd squeal like a school girl if one launched at my face:lol:

Im suprised how well the girl is calming down. I cant imagine the horror if he latches onto my septum peircing although it would be amusing to any bystanders lol.

It's very easy to keep even a 3m python away from your face. Don't EVER put any snake near your face, or let it get into a position where it can strike your face.

Jamie

Im suprised how well the girl is calming down. I cant imagine the horror if he latches onto my septum peircing although it would be amusing to any bystanders lol.

When I first got my Black head he use to go into the s shape pose and hiss rather loudly, none of my others have ever done this to me, scared the hell out of me to which my little girl said and I quote " Be a man Daddy" lesson learned, now im having to wrestle croc's and charm cobras to recover my manhood.:D

It's very easy to keep even a 3m python away from your face. Don't EVER put any snake near your face, or let it get into a position where it can strike your face.

Jamie

But that is half the fun :p, to be honest 3m isn't THAT big.... it's when they get above 3 that they start scarign the crap out of me...

Have you thought of going to Bunnings and getting 1 of those cheap clear face shields, that way if it does launch at your face it will hit the shield instead and get a little surprise, it just might cure him/her of aiming at your face, it might look a little silly to start with but it might also bouy your confidence as well :) .......................Ron

Why not just support the animal at a point on its body where it couldn't reach your face if it tried? It aint rocket surgery.

Jamie

Good advice. It can be learned the easy way or the hard way. Regarding learning the hard way, In the US I remember years ago a veterinarian examining a young python. It happened to strike and caught the fellow's eye. A perfect strike and it got him just right. He lost his eye. So that's all it takes. One moment not paying attention and blind for life in an eye. Pretty tough luck.

Something like this should solve all your problems
epe0NYg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back