who owns a horse or horses?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

saintanger

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
have not seen a thread on horses so thought i'd start one. please post pics of your horses if you have any.

this is my TB gelding Tinny 17.1 hands

tinny (596x600).jpg

at the moment i am looking at buying a companion horse for him but one thats also broken in so i can ride it as well.

If things go well for Pythoninfinate after his spider bite, we might see a pic of him in this thread.

you know how petrified some people are of snakes? thats how I am about horses...not actual horses themselves but Lyssa virus and hendra...scary stuff!!!

This is an off the track TB I'm getting soon, my birthday present to my self
a5u8u9uh.jpg

ejupumu6.jpg

I've got to admit horses do look incredible. Still very weary of them even though I grew up around them.
Have any of you horse owners been kicked by one? A lady my Gran rents her field to got kicked and shattered about 6 ribs -_-

I used to have horses. One day ill have them again. Will add pics when I get on the pc

Sent from my LG-P690f using Tapatalk 2

I've got to admit horses do look incredible. Still very weary of them even though I grew up around them.
Have any of you horse owners been kicked by one? A lady my Gran rents her field to got kicked and shattered about 6 ribs -_-

Been kicked a few times, bitten, landed on, run over, dragged and thrown lol i used to take in troubled and problem horses and retrain them (80% of the time its the person not the horse that had the problem)

Sent from my LG-P690f using Tapatalk 2

I did eventing for seven years, until i turned 18 and decided to try new things.

tkis 851_1.JPGIMG_6821.jpg

This is my gorgeous boy Lewis, he is a problem child into everything, lost an eye not long after we got him. Only 11hands my 9yo rides him couldn't ask for a nicer pony. Where he lives (friends place) there is also 5mares 3of them mini horses and 2geldings and a mini stallion. Horse Heaven View attachment 291994

My beautiful boy Victor! Expacer I retrained myself and have had him for 5 years now. 16hh 12yrs.

Attachments

• 064.jpg
    064.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 59
  • 084.jpg
    084.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 45

Yep, hurts like a bast**d, been kicked in the chest (Arabian) and in the Stomach (Clydie x QH)

I have a 22yr old Standardbred Gelding - Now retired. He is chestnut. Nothing special but was great to ride back in the day. Owned him for 8 years now.
406685_145800762195022_100002952986793_203493_1598756413_n.jpgIMG_3476.jpgIMG_4865.jpg

First pic was taken a year ago, second pic was taken 3 weeks ago (He has his own mud patch that he lays in, even though he has a perfectly good open stable) and the last pic was taken when he was 16yrs, in his younger days. He loved to go, hence the tightness on the reigns, plus he was only my pleasure horse, I never rode properly on him ;)

Lovely horses everyone.

I had horses for 20 years, but haven't had any for about 12 years now, and I do miss them. Mine were for mainly pleasure riding, I dabbled in a couple of prelim ressage tests when younger, and went to a show once when I had an ASH, just for the led class, but pleasure riding was the best.
If I win lotto, I'll buy on a few acres and have some retirees to look after.

My lovely appy mare, now 31 years old and enjoying her retirement.

Attachments

• 046.jpg
    046.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 45
2 horses atm, getting another one when I finally get out of uni, one that isn't a pony and will be good for getting into more than just trail riding :)

Smokey, 25 year old stock horse x, 14.2hh flea-bitten grey gelding retired, well most of the time anyway, Sometimes jump on for a plod around. No accelerator, but has amazing breaks, lol. Taught me how to roll as he was rather good at bucking. Love this old guy to pieces :)
423840_366815613343790_1885420813_n.jpg

This is Bailey, slightly neurotic pally mare, approx 15 years old. Stock horse x about 14.2hh. Took 8 months to get her over her head shy issues, still wont let most men touch her face. She is broken to ride, but has issues with the bridle still. Total sweetheart if you can get her to trust you. I like her, with all her quirks :)
542782_571329562892393_155259159_n.jpg

I can kind of play! I had a horse a few months ago but gave him to a friend
photo.jpg
My friend is an equine photographer and wanted to take some pictures for her uni portfolio
ETA: he's a 16 year old thoroughbred gelding called Casper

He's currently for sale actually as my friend takes in, educates and sells horses as her job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back