Heat cord spacing on rack setup

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blakes

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I'm in the process of building a gecko rack and I'm just after a bit of info regarding the distance between the rows of heat cord. Also how many rows of cord do you guys use? Ill be using 3x 4m 25w heat cords run off habistat thermo and am aiming for hot end around 30. Any info from those of you with racks would be appreciated, cheers

I heard from a supplier that 4 rows is good. I wouldn't mind finding this out also i'm getting a heat cord for my new racking also.

However many rows will take up 1/3 - 1/2 of the base and no more than 25mm apart.

I run 2 cords,one row for each cord.In summer unplug one cord.
You need to know what the room temps are in summer and winter to get a decent idea of how many watts of heating you will need.

I just run 2 rows about 5cm apart covered with the insulating tape seems to do the job just fine so far and been in operation since february. There may be better ways to do it however.

Cheers guys, I will have to give it a good test run before I hit the shelves with the router:) that's a good idea ramsayi, being able to turn off one row of heat in summer.. Didn't think of that.. Prob a good option as my garage can get pretty warm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back