Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

richoman_3

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Start with the crap snakes!

Little Whip Snake (Parausta flagellum) by Nick Volpe, on Flickr

False start! heres the ugly one!

Small Eyed Snake (Cryptophis nigrescens) by Nick Volpe, on Flickr

Small Eyed Snake (Cryptophis nigrescens) by Nick Volpe, on Flickr

A cooler Snake!

Lowlands Copperhead (Austrelaps superbus) by Nick Volpe, on Flickr

Lowlands Copperhead (Austrelaps superbus) by Nick Volpe, on Flickr

A swamp skink

Juvenile Swamp Skink by Nick Volpe, on Flickr

The snakes food

Eastern Banjo Frog (Limnodynastes dumerilii insularis) by Nick Volpe, on Flickr

Striped Marsh Frog (Limnodynastes peroni) by Nick Volpe, on Flickr

Central vic time

garden skinks lel

Boulenger's Skink (Morethia boulengeri) by Nick Volpe, on Flickr

delicate skinks lel

Shingleback (Tiliqua rugosa) by Nick Volpe, on Flickr

gave me wood

Eastern Stone Gecko (Diplodactylus vittatus) by Nick Volpe, on Flickr

robustus

IMG_68853 by Nick Volpe, on Flickr

dwyers snake

Dwyer's Snake (Parasuta dwyeri) by Nick Volpe, on Flickr

Dwyer's snake (Parasuta dwyeri) by Nick Volpe, on Flickr

IMG_68887 by Nick Volpe, on Flickr

BIBRONS WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Bibron's Toadlet (Pseudophryne bibroni) by Nick Volpe, on Flickr

Bibron's Toadlet (Pseudophryne bibroni) by Nick Volpe, on Flickr

APRASIA WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Pink-Tailed Worm Lizard (Aprasia parapulchella) by Nick Volpe, on Flickr

enjoy!

Good shots Nick. I particularly like the way the specimens are arranged to include the whole body, with good enough dof and timing to catch the tongues. These pics would be good for field guides. Well done.

What! No love for the small eyed. No wonder they spend most their lives hiding under logs and pavers.

Nice pictures though. That was a nice looking copperhead.

How the hell do you get the shots so close up?
Compact or DSLR? Some sort of zoom lens?
Awesome photos by the way man. :)

Canon 60D with a 100mm f2.8 macro lens :)

Getting the tongue isnt too easy Bushman lol!

haha very true RedFox!

cheers all!

Great shots man, that bibron's toadlet and pink tailed worm lizards were such a great finds cant get better than that.

That second picture is beautiful :) All of your photos are! :D:D:D

....make a calander so I can buy it :p:D

Wow m8, 16 years old and producing work like this :) :) I can see in the very near future if the passion still remains with you of seeing the name Nick Volpe on a regular basis in all the best wildlife publications as the producer of all the best photogaphy, you are amazing Nick, you seem to have a natural flair for light and shadow and getting angles on your subjects that a second to none, your parents must be proud and your peers jealous. I look forward always to seeing more of your work, forget about calendars mate if i were you i would be looking at doing a full on field guide +++++++++++++++1 :) ...........................Ron

Wow m8, 16 years old and producing work like this :) :) I can see in the very near future if the passion still remains with you of seeing the name Nick Volpe on a regular basis in all the best wildlife publications as the producer of all the best photogaphy, you are amazing Nick, you seem to have a natural flair for light and shadow and getting angles on your subjects that a second to none, your parents must be proud and your peers jealous. I look forward always to seeing more of your work, forget about calendars mate if i were you i would be looking at doing a full on field guide +++++++++++++++1 :) ...........................Ron

Thanks heaps Ron :)
Really appreciated :)

Thanks heaps Ron :)
Really appreciated :)

It is not hollow praise either Nick i know a bit about the Photgraphic Art, My Father was the Photographer in charge for the RAAF for 22 years and he did everything from ID photo's to Crash Recovery all around the world as well as all the Arty stuff you find in all the high ups offices and Parliament House, the funny thing was he hated photography and refused to take it up when he mustered out from the RAAF as all the best paying jobs was doing baby photo's and portrait stuff, no good to him. I would hate to see you wasting your talents, it is a special gift. :) .....................................Ron

It is not hollow praise either Nick i know a bit about the Photgraphic Art, My Father was the Photographer in charge for the RAAF for 22 years and he did everything from ID photo's to Crash Recovery all around the world as well as all the Arty stuff you find in all the high ups offices and Parliament House, the funny thing was he hated photography and refused to take it up when he mustered out from the RAAF as all the best paying jobs was doing baby photo's and portrait stuff, no good to him. I would hate to see you wasting your talents, it is a special gift. :) .....................................Ron

Haha yep im not interested in taking photos of scaleless beings ;) !
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back