hides with a difference

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fishead

Reaction score
Gday guys, well it's another rainy day and i'm cleaning enclosures and thought I'd take a couple of pics of my hides. Everyone who sees them seems pretty impressed with the idea so thought I'd post them up. Been pretty slack on the posting last decade or so :lol:
The hide fitted up into the ceiling of the enclosure I think utilizes space efficiently and adds usable floor area to the enclosure. Not sure if that added floor space counts in the new regs to the overall measured floor area???? But it gives the snake another option for comfort and security and they seem to love just hanging out in there with their head sticking out looking around just like they might from a tree hollow.
Also big old adult snakes can get a bit lazy and the lure of the nice cozy dark hide up there can only help their health with the extra exercise as they are in and out of there to the basking spot to thermoregulate. Another natural behaviour.
These enclosures are close enough to 4x2x2' and the hides are 600mm long x 300mm wide x 140mm high so they can accomodate a mating pair of adult carpets no worries. They are hinged from the front bottom for easy access and have newspaper substrate for easy cleaning. There's a vent at the back of each so it doesn't get mouldy if a snake decides to soil it's bedroom.
Another added bonus is when I go to clean out Psychos (my oldest jungle girl) enclosure I can just stuff a rolled up pair of socks in the hide hole and I'm safe!:lol:

Attachments

• IMG_4541.jpg
    IMG_4541.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_4549.jpg
    IMG_4549.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_4537.jpg
    IMG_4537.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_4551.jpg
    IMG_4551.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 156
Last edited by a moderator:
haha
He looks so happy to see you when you open the hide up!

That's pretty cool. If I ever get an aboreal or semi-aboreal python I might steal that idea. Looks realy neat in the enclosure and would be really easy to clean.

image.jpg
Love it. I do a budget version with slide out tubs for hides.

Attachments

• image00.jpg
    image00.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 122
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back