Chased for 100 yeards by a king brown!?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

marcus0002

An old post on another forum, skip to page 4 for a bit of a laugh

Posted 17 September 2010 - 10:53 AM
'stue', on 10 Sept 2010 - 07:42, said:
simple facts,its not an opinion , a snake cant sustain any speed for that distance. no matter how mad he is,they just not built that way, they don't store or use energy in the way mammals do, be it downhill with the wind behind him or not unless he is chasing you down a cliff in free fall that is a stretch of the truth.it might feel like several hundred yards but i can assure you, if you pace it out its only a few yards

You do not know what you are talking about mate . I have seen it with my own eyes and been chased for at least two hundred yards. You are quoting theory about snakes , I am quoting experience .
I once got chased by a big red belly in early spring that came after me and covered about 30 yards then my dogs went at him and he chased them and struck twice at my bull mastiff cross that covered another fifty yards . Then I had to run and grab my dog and drag him away and the snake still chased us all down a hill for about 100 yards . I did not have a gun this day and eventually I found a fallen branch and then turned on him and he started running and ended up another 50 yards away in an old brick building where I cornered him and bashed his head in. You have not spent enough time in the bush and seen enough wild snakes , they are more capable than you think . Just because you don't see it often does not mean it can't happen . You believe what ever you like but one day you might just get an real big surprise a deadly one.

Last edited by a moderator:
since im from mt druitt il do a translation from bogan to english...
above quote= i was so scared i saw a little snake it tried to escape into a building but because im tough i beat its head in with a stick because snakes are bad m'kay.

I have heard 1000 stories about snakes chasing people

never heard one story about them catching someone after the chase

since im from mt druitt il do a translation from bogan to english...
above quote= i was so scared i saw a little snake it tried to escape into a building but because im tough i beat its head in with a stick because snakes are bad m'kay.

Yep, I been hunted by a big bad 40ft diamond python.... Lucky I had me a whackin stick and I smashed it good!!! (All with a Hicksville- Deliverance style accent while chewin tobacco)

I have been chased by a brown, although i always defend it. My dogs saw it from a distance and attacked it. I went down to grab my dog and just as i got there she was bitten. I grabbed her and it chased us but not very far. Got her to the vet which was next door but lost her anyway. But like i said my dogs attacked it, it defended itself. Im not going to lie it was terrifying and i was that i lost my gorgeous girl but i dont blame tge snake.

Sent from my LG-P690f using Tapatalk 2

I have been chased by a brown, although i always defend it. My dogs saw it from a distance and attacked it. I went down to grab my dog and just as i got there she was bitten. I grabbed her and it chased us but not very far. Got her to the vet which was next door but lost her anyway. But like i said my dogs attacked it, it defended itself. Im not going to lie it was terrifying and i was that i lost my gorgeous girl but i dont blame tge snake.

Years ago my dog , a large Doberman had a baby brown bailed up in a tuft of grass and when I called him away he turned and the snake struck and bit him on the lip twice. He started to run towards the house about 200 meters away and collapsed half way back , the snake surprisingly slithered off in the opposite direction to us both. I ran back to the house to grab the car and drove back to my dog and put him in to race him to the vets about 15 mins away. I carried him into the vets and told them he had been bitten by a brown snake , they questioned that it was a brown snake and wanted to observe him for 15 minutes and run a blood test due to the fact that the brown snake venom was apparently expensive. I assured them that it was a brown snake and didn't care what price it was so he was administered the antivenom and recovered. He was never the same dog though , he didn't run around chasing things like he used to and was a lot quieter.

This one here was gold, same guy, seems to like telling a few tall tales.

Posted 07 September 2010 - 06:20 PMYou are right in what you say however I am not sure that you have Eastern King Brown snakes in NT . I have had one come at me while I was DRIVING down the road.
He just came straight at the car and started striking the window . Lucky for me it was dusty and I had the window up. The venom was running down the window.
Every time I moved inside the car he struck at the window. The snake may have had a near miss with another vehicle and was a bit annoyed
It is a good policy to leave snakes alone but dont ever believe that all snakes will just want to avoid you. With a big Eastern brown snake always be ready to run or shoot just in case it's a mean bugger . Even Black snakes at this time of year can chase you .
Just because it is a rare event does not mean it don't happen . I spent many years in the bush from a small child and I was over 30 when I experienced my first really aggro snake that chased me .

Some people will never see it happen and think that all snakes just turn and slink away. A bit like the people that think all Bears are not dangerous. Eventually they strike the wrong Bear . A bit like the Crockadile man struck the wrong stingray. How many thousands of divers have seen and filmed big stingrays and think they are harmless./QUOTE]

I was walking my horses in my own paddock, I heard this crack and looked around, a tree branch had fallen and I noticed this RBB slithering straight for us, I halted the horses and watched "her", she diverted into the fallen logs but I was worried that she would come our way and one of the horses would spook and hurt her or vice-versa. She didnt though which was good.

The only reason I say she is that there was a lot of hatchie RBB's around the area that season, it could of been a male ^^

It's a shame that someone bashed the snakes head in with a stick... People...!

@Becca-Marie - I am very sorry for your loss, however am glad you dont blame the snake :)
@andynic07 - Glad your Dobie survived, shame he wasnt the same dog though.

Iv lost 4 dogs and a horse to snake bite. We lived out on 250 acres, you cant expect not to encounter them its just unfortunate to lose animals.

I did have one particular close call myself, going to see one of my horses one evening. This was the first foal i bred and i was close with him, but this afternoon instead of running to me like he usually did he just stood and snorted at me. Thinking this was unusual i continued to approach, he pawed the ground and snorted again. The next step i took, i felt something not right under my foot (snake) i couldnt move i was so terrified, next thing i knew my horse was stomping all over it and chased it as it slithered away then came trotting back to me. Its funny how some animals react. Feel bad for the snake he was just snoozing when out of nowhere he gets stood on and chased. Both shadow (horse) and i were lucky though.

My son was chased by a WOMBAT for about ten foot --- he was about 3 and it was a fully grown wombat , Now that was funny

Mum I done runs ova a possum, can we eat it. We ain't had no meat since the dog done died.

At a push you could possibly describe this as a chase, but in my mind if you get chased by something you have to run a considerable distance with the animal behind you in hot pursuit, not just shuffle quickly backwards for 3 or 4 metres. Anyone who says they have been "chased" more than a few metres by a snake is having a loan of you. Ever met anyone who has been caught!

Don't chase Brown Snakes (Pseudonaja nuchalis) - YouTube

Sissy was chased by wild geese when she was 3 or 4 now that was terrifying for her! And hilarious to the rest of us.... there were probs 15 to 20 chasing her for bread... she soon dropped it... and when she telss the story there are hundreds... motto if you're in a paddock with a big old rat and if you encounter a big old bad dangerous snakey... just drop the rat... :)

I was in this cubicle at a truck stop & I swear it was a BHP poking its head out at me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back