Stolen lot of snakes from Qld

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jacorin

Reaction score
Hi guys n gals,
I got this post on my FB wall last night

[h=5]Putting this up for Michael Sanford, Please keeps all eyes and ears open for any low life scumbags selling a list of Pythons and Elapids. Michael Sanford
about an hour ago
That disgusting feeling you get when you arrive home and you notice your whole snake shed is open. Walk over and notice all locks have been cut, and someone has helped them selves. This happening to someone already questioning being in the hobby really makes it difficult.
My message to the scum, I hope u realize you took some very deadly snakes, I hope u handle them thinking they are pythons, I will then find you. It is not just a matter of value, these were my animals, you invaded my privacy.
In the Words of Liam Neeson - "I will find you"

Sth Burnett area Qld....[/h]Some of the animals include vens - Red Bellied Blacks; Adders; Tigers; Eastern Browns; Copperheads (including Lowlands Copperheads); and a number of assorted pythons...
If you know of anything "suspicious" happening regarding these animals, please flick me a private message, and I'll pass the information on...
Thank you all!

lets all keep an eye out for ads from these scum

Shane

i hope they find the people that did this,
lock the scumbags in a room with the copperheads,adders and eb's

or look for someone dead in a car with a boot load of snakes after being slammed by the elapids..
i feel them when theyve had them stolen!!!!!

That's why you have a free range scrubby in the snake room.

Heard about that on Facebook :( damn lowlifes. Actually checking hospitals might be a good place to start...

Check gumtree incase they sell them off and I feel for that guy that's his pride and joy just taken from him :'(

I don't know how these people can live there life, knowing they are labeled as "low life scum".

I know what it's like to have my reptiles stolen, is sucks the big one. I also know what it's like to want to hunt them down, especially after finding out the police don't class reptile theft (or theft in general), very high on there priority list.

I did track down my python though, only to find out the person that has him, was fresh out of prison after 8 years and a bit of a psychopath. He discovered I was on to him, and replied with, "it's mine now", then he threatened to "shoot me in the face", if I tried to get my python back from him.
The police were involved, but were very hesitant to even knock on the guys door. They didn't want to agitate this person, so they highly recommended that I stay well away from him.

So at the end of my hunt, I discovered the person that had my python, is a very dangerous individual, that the police won't even deal with, and I had mine and my familys life threatened. All for one python.

So unless you're a dangerous individual yourself, don't get your hopes up.

Isn't this the sort of thing your local news reporters would like to cover?

Sucks.

So who knew what the owner had and where they were ?

I'd be taking a good look at anyone who's been onto the property as a guest or to buy animals or view these animals in the last few months. Will most likely be someone who the owner has let see the animals and probably someone they know.

anyone taking that list of animals knows how to handle hots.. i feel for him.. where do you even start again after that..

as for you rsp i remember that thread.. it was heart breaking.. but if i was you i would never forget.. you never know who you might meet later in life.. maybe a high up cop or anything who may be able to help you..

Isn't this the sort of thing your local news reporters would like to cover?

You may have a point here, maybe consider sending a story to the local papers (they are ALWAYS looking for something) sensationalise it by saying that there are venomous reptiles stolen and you are concerned for how they are handled. Use the negative propaganda to our advantage for a change in trying to get them back. Just a thought......

This happened to me once, not a good feeling at all! All my big lace monitors stolen, someone defiantly new what they were coming for…..

People should be careful if they have thousands and thousands of dollars worth of equipment, I wouldn't let just anybody onto my property and check out all my stuff if I had that many snakes. I don't have too many reptiles ATM, but still I make sure curtains are covering the windows and what not when I go out. All the best for the poor guy getting his reptile collection up and running again, you would have thought if the vandals had any hint of a soul they would have at least left some snakes instead of stripping the place. You can't trust anybody these days :(

They are thieves. They don't have souls.

I will keep an ear out for any of these being offered around up here but it sounds like they knew what they were doing and were prepared. Where abouts in Queensland?
not that it matters they could be anywhere.

No one gets to visit my place for just this reason.

Gumtree... There are bulk reptiles being moved on that site... Keep an eye on that... Also inform all the local herp shops... North & south of the QLD border... They will hear of something I'm sure... Flick em an email & list of what's been taken...

You may have a point here, maybe consider sending a story to the local papers (they are ALWAYS looking for something) sensationalise it by saying that there are venomous reptiles stolen and you are concerned for how they are handled. Use the negative propaganda to our advantage for a change in trying to get them back. Just a thought......

That was basically what I was thinking. I'm sure a newspaper would love to make some sensational headline out of missing venomous reptiles.

Agreed with that statement, who ever did this probably knew the set up so came prepared and in all likelihood knew how to handle vens. Still keep an eye out but I doubt they will be sold on, gone straight into a ven collection, be on the look out for someone seeking paperwork.

Agreed with that statement, who ever did this probably knew the set up so came prepared and in all likelihood knew how to handle vens. Still keep an eye out but I doubt they will be sold on, gone straight into a ven collection, be on the look out for someone seeking paperwork.
I doubt they'll bother keeping paperwork on anything they have "acquired".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back