wood cutters near nowra

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jazii

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hay all! so im looking at getting some melamine cut for a new bank tank, dad was going to do it, but silly man went and broke his ankle so that's out of the questions for atleast a month. SOOOO anyone know anyone in Nowra that will cut melamine for me? ive heard bunnings do that, but not 100% or have I heard about their accuracy. all help greatly appreciated :)

Hey my company has a CNC machine that we would be more than happy to cut for you and send it to you as a flat pack. We are in stafford QLD, but delivery to nowra would be about $60 delivered to your door. If you have the tank all designed you can email it to [email protected] and i can give you a price :) let me know

Hey my company has a CNC machine that we would be more than happy to cut for you and send it to you as a flat pack. We are in stafford QLD, but delivery to nowra would be about $60 delivered to your door. If you have the tank all designed you can email it to [email protected] and i can give you a price :) let me know
thanks, looking for someone a little closer as its only going to cost me about $70 in wood

I live close enough to nowra to not recommend bunnings, getting anything not on the shelf is utterly painful, sometimes even things on the shelf are out of the mental grasp of some of their employees. Try calling a few kitchen/cabinet makers around and after you talk to a few you will get a feel for who wants to help you and who wants to bleed you. People who want to bleed you will be least likely to achieve the desired quality & charge you highly regardless. In this economic climate I'm sure you will find someone that will be more than happy to help you out.

If you need glass cut go to Central Shower Screens in Bellevue St South Nowra, they have looked after me in the past and I have no hesitation recommending them.

I did make a 1200x600x400(approx) enclosure from pre-cut sections at bunnings and a few cuts with a circular saw, only cutting the edges that are perpendicular to other joints covers any dodgey saw lines. They stock plenty of different sizes so with a bit of prior preparation you can put together something that will actually closely resemble a standard size. Having said that however I think bunnings melamine is of very poor quality. Mine is less than a year old, has never been used yet and still starting to get moisture bubbles under the sealing layer. It's also thinner than a joinery will supply & a joinery should give you close to wholesale prices as opposed to bunnings retail.

You could try Mister Ply & Wood at Unanderra.Give them a call you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back