Diamond python feeding help!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skadoosh

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey guys i have a diamond python probably about 6-7 months old and she has stopped eating, it has been about 4 weeks maybe more since she last ate. All the temps are perfect and she isn't stressed. got any tips guys?

Its winter. Some go off food this time of the year. My 18 month old has but 6 monthnold is till smashing feeds.
Are temps on 24/7?
May be why!

Don't worry my spotted is doing the same ,but my jungles is still eating fine

whats the temps on hot end and cool end, most likely its because its winter. most of my snakes have all gone off food. only a few younger ones will take food but not every week as before.

If the temps are right, there should be no reason for your Diamond to be going off food over it's first Winter.
All of my guys ate through their first Winter. Two have gone off food second time around though.
Third and smallest one of the first lot is still eating regularly. Even though he is roughly the same age as the other two.
Recently got a couple of Coastals. Both are still feeding regularly... For the most part (smallest one refused it's last feed)

35 deg hot end 24/7?
Probably not the best conditions for a diamond.

How do you know she isn't stressed? Is the enclosure in a high traffic area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back