Death Adder won't eat

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pag81

Reaction score
Hi I have a 8 week old death adder who won't eat, I've got him to eat half a pinkie mouse by splitting but he refuses to do it again, being the middle of winter I can't find any skinks in the garden. I've tried aggravating him with pinkie but he's not aggressive and won't strike, the split pinkie he ate was left with him in a dark container but this doesn't work anymore any ideas? (He's at right temp and not stressed)

iHerp : Member Blog : Force-feeding Tutorial *Pics*
I am currently using this method to get two hatchling eastern browns feeding on mice and it is the simplest and easiest way I have used. Personally I leave the fur on the legs to give extra roughage for them as well.
Hopefully this helps you out, cheers Cameron.

Reflex feeding works a treat with adders

I can't take credit for writing it or finding it as i was given it by another person to help me with my pair of annoying snakes. It is a super helpful link and I have not had a problem assist feeding these two now that I am using it. I figured it would be very helpful to this person as well so I passed it along.
Cheers Cameron

That looks a lot less messier than force feeding a pinky as they tend to turn to soup pretty quickly once doused in venom.

No problem. Good luck with it.
Cheers Cameron

Yep worked a treat cam adder is fed and didn't seem too bothered by the experience which means I wasn't either :) hopefully he'll take the next feed (fingers crossed) thanks again mate

Thats good to hear, glad that it worked easy for you. Hopefully won't be long until you have it eating mice by itself. You sound like you got away with it really easily. One of mine has no problem and is very simple to feed like that, other hates it and I have to make sure its right down his throat or else he spits it back up.
Cheers Cameron.

good luck keeping fangs out of your fingers doing that.....by not holding the snake properly you loose too much control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back