Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

herp.derp

Not so new Member
Reaction score
after about 7 months of wasting my time with other enclosure builders, I present to you all, my custom gtp enclosure

created by Adrian, the entire thing is custom built to my exact specifications, its about 2m high, and 80cm x 70cm
the base and top created to match my furniture, the tank built to the exact size i wanted, and the inside designed and built from the imagination of Adrian himself

everything inside is real, no cheap and tacky paint and fiberglass. the plants are living, the tree branches are real, the rocks are real and so is the sand. this means that over time the scape will grow, develop and change. we also have plans to add plants to the water as well

soo far it only houses my recently acquired gtp, though its soon to house a praying mantis, various fish, sea snails, shrimp

IMG_00000205.jpgIMG_00000206.jpgIMG_00000207.jpgIMG_00000204.jpg

opinions appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome. The only issue may be where you are located. Glass is an extremely poor insulator, so if you are are prety far south try a backing of timber or foam to help keep the warmth up especially in winter. otherwise Awesome.

Wow, that is amazing! I love the fact it is going to cater for more than one species, very very well designed.

Does the glass get dirty ? Water marks ? Is it filtered ?

That is really nice, I love the natural look. Have a look at a facebook site called working with nature by Micheal Cermak there are some nice natural enclosures there and they may even give you more ideas. Great work.

That's awesome! I only question the amount of maintenance but if you`ve got the time and motivation to do it, great! Very nice set up!

Does the glass get dirty ? Water marks ? Is it filtered ?

some slight marks have built up from the water level. easily removed with paper towel
and yes the water is filtered and heated

wow looks amazing, did you have to graft the plants onto the rock is their any soil at all.

wow looks amazing, did you have to graft the plants onto the rock is their any soil at all.
the plants are actually planted into soil, there is a 'making of' video which can be seen here
el culebra - YouTube

Just curious what % humidity do GTP's ideally need to be kept at??????

iv read between 70 and 90%. correct me if wrong
the enclosure has a misting system which keeps the humidity constant

thanks for the link.What kind of lights do you need to keep the plant growth up.

I would be be putting vines etc in branches. Gtps like cover, they like the camouflage and protection of foliage. Great to view it like it is but its very exposed, otherwise nice tank. ( cover it up with blanket at night helps to preseve heat.)

Hi. The "UVB" globes in use are the Exo Terra 2%, 26watt compacts, now called "natural light". The UVB output is minimal however the spectrum is perfect for plant growth in terrariums.
I'm unsure of the ambient room temperature however in most homes these days heat escape from an enclosure like this isn't an issue.

What an amazing rainforest ecosystem you are producing with this setup, i will deff be keeping my eyes open to see how this looks in another 6 months or so, not too many people put the time and thought into making multilevel systems with life from the very bottom right up to the canopy, well done, it is gr8 :) .........................Ron

Looks fantastic but there are few things fundamentally wrong. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back