Thermostat Jet-005

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ships

Reaction score
Has anyone else had any trouble with the led light on these dimming after several weeks of use, to the point of barely being able to read it? I need to purchase quite a few more and just wondering if its an inherent problem or I've just been unlucky.

Funny you say that....

I have one that I thought the display was getting dimmer on.....It is certainly a lot dimmer than my other Jet 005 display but was not certain if it has gotten dimmer, or was just dimmer than the second one I set up a few weeks later.

I can still read it if positioned directly in front of it.......but move away a bit, or from an angle it is near impossible - Whilst my other one is much easier to read.

If you have noticed it then perhaps mine has gotten dimmer with a bit of age? The unit that is dimming has probably been in operation for approx 3 months.

i have 3 of these thermostats and I used to be able to read all of the displays from my bed; day or night. after a month or two of use I am only able to read them at night and now after 3 months+ I cannot read them at all unless they are right in front of my face. its REALLY annoying but I dont see it being a major issue until the display dissappears completely. touch wood...

Has anyone else had any trouble with the led light on these dimming after several weeks of use, to the point of barely being able to read it? I need to purchase quite a few more and just wondering if its an inherent problem or I've just been unlucky.

if you have been unlucky with one, I have been terribly unlucky with 3

Funny you say that....
I have one that I thought the display was getting dimmer on.....It is certainly a lot dimmer than my other Jet 005 display but was not certain if it has gotten dimmer, or was just dimmer than the second one I set up a few weeks later.

I can still read it if positioned directly in front of it.......but move away a bit, or from an angle it is near impossible - Whilst my other one is much easier to read.

If you have noticed it then perhaps mine has gotten dimmer with a bit of age? The unit that is dimming has probably been in operation for approx 3 months.

I read that ^^^ quote after posting and it pretty much mirrors my experience!

Last edited:
Have the same issue with my Jet-001. Can only see the icons/temp in daylight or with a torch at night, which I'm not that fussed about. Thermostat still works fine for the most part regardless. Only other problem is...
It wont set anything above 33 degrees.

When I first got it you could go all the way up to 50. I have no idea what I did wrong to cause this or if it's just a part of the thermostat that has malfunctioned. Still works okay for various Reptiles that don't require anything hotter than 33, but yeah.

I've bought 7 all have the same problem, thought I may have just had a bad batch

I've bought 7 all have the same problem, thought I may have just had a bad batch
I think it is probably safe to say then with our combined total of 13/13 faded screens (from posts here alone) that it is an inherent problem...

Perhaps we need to contact the seller and let them know.....I haven't because I thought it was a 'one off' and was not sure if it was me or not. Now that we are more convinced it is an issue we should give the retailer the opportunity to look into the problem and rectify it rather than turn it into a big thing here and have them oblivious to it.

I appreciate that this forum is a good medium to canvass knowledge, but given that the retailer (Assuming they came from the same place) is a site sponsor and has done the right thing by the community here, we should do the right thing by them and let them see what they can do about it.

I believe the sponsor sometimes frequents this forum.....Hopefully they may reply here to acknowledge - but I think we owe it to them to let them know and rectify.

When I first got it you could go all the way up to 50. I have no idea what I did wrong to cause this or if it's just a part of the thermostat that has malfunctioned. Still works okay for various Reptiles that don't require anything hotter than 33, but yeah.

There is a setting for setting the 'Min' and 'Max' between the upper and lower range - It is possible, for example, to tell the thermostat to only offer a range between 25c and 35c. I am guessing this setting needs changing on your unit - You upper limit appears as though it is set to 33c. I cannot recall now how to adjust it without looking and referencing the instructions. If you look at them and cannot work it out send me a PM and when I get a chance I will look it up for you.

No ones identifying the seller here, they are sold by a number of retailers. I have been in touch with the seller on a number of occasions about the issue and was told it must be a problem with the electricity supply at my place as they have received no other complaints, hence my asking here how many others have had a similar problem. If it was only one that I purchased I wouldn't bother complaining either. I like everything else about this thermostat and was intending to buy more but it appears tat they all have quality control issues. The retailer has offered to refund the purchase price.

I have a 3rd unit here that has never been used (awaiting another enclosure build) so I will turn it on and see how it looks compared with the others I have already running - Now that I look at my last unit I set up I don't reckon it is as bright as it first was so having a new one to compare to will give me a good idea.

I will contact the seller of mine and let them know. Unfortunately the 'bad electricity supply' story is often used when it comes to consumer electronics, and in some cases it can be a factor. I am nearing 25 years experience in the electrical distribution industry, of which some of those years was working with power quality technicians who investigate such issues - I would want to see some hard technical evidence of based around 'how' a bad electricity supply can cause a screen to slowly dim over time - Having worked in the industry I am hard pressed to find a justificable means of making such a statement.

The offer of a refund is a good thing - at least if ou did not feel the unit was up to expectation you were able to be refunded for it.

It is also a good thing you have raised it here.....it has bought it to the attention of others so that it can now be treated as more than a 'one off' event.

I had been considering one of these but might now reconsider. Thanks for the heads up!

My missus has one with same problem. I run atc 210. Work awesome.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk 2

Damn, thanks for the heads up. Was going to buy one this week of eBay, was thinking about it for sometime. Only a third of the price I normally pay, get what you pay for I spose ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back