Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Macca_22

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Just taking the advise of my welcome email and posting a hello introduction to the forum. I've just recently decided to get myself back into the hobby. I use to be very involved in herpetology when I was a teenager (20 years ago now). Back then I was mostly keeping elapids.

I'm looking at starting with a couple of stimsons as I never had any when I was into the hobby but always really liked there pattern and colouring. Otherwise my love has always been the chondro python, these beauties used to be worth the same as a small car when I was keeping snakes and so I was never even close to keeping any. These days it seems a little more achievable - just slightly ;-)

Anyways g'day to all, hope to make a few friends.

Paul

hello and welcome
stimmys are cool though i have none myself,
be sure to post up some pics when you get them

So another species that I always loved but cost upwards of $3000 each for standard animal was the Woma. Today I am proud to say that they are now a part of my collection at last. In fact they are the start of my new collection and the reawakening of an old passion.
Woma_2_M_29062013(online).jpg

Male Uluru Woma
Woma_1_F_29062013(online).jpg

Female Uluru Woma

Last edited:
Pics look great :) I'm a total newbie with a male woma myself. Did you accidentally add an extra zero on that price? My woma hatchie only cost me $400.
View attachment 292679

Pics look great :) I'm a total newbie with a male woma myself. Did you accidentally add an extra zero on that price? My woma hatchie only cost me $400.
View attachment 292679

Op was talking about the price the used to be.

Welcome, womas are awesome. Gtp are on my list too :)

Sent from my LG-P690f using Tapatalk 2

Welcome. Womas are great, such a lovely way to restart a collection. I love all their little quirks. Ulurus are my favourite locality, with their dark bandings. Yours look like they should grow into some nice animals.

Thanks for the welcomes folks, awesome to see a few woma fans out there. Yeah I was talking about the price they used to be, I'm amazed with some of the changes like seeing Taipans for $400 these days, I never paid more than $60 for a Tai back in the day. My tigers were about $30 from memory. Then you looked at water pythons starting at $600 - $800, woma and black headed being $2000 - $3000 and chondros $10000+. My how it has changed!

Hi, Sorry to jump on your thread but I'm new to the site and was wondering how to start my own thread as I have a question?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back