Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kane85

Hi guys,

So i have had my Woma for 6 months now and love the little guy. However it seems i have caught the bug and am finding myself wondering more and more of what my next one might be. I dont plan on getting another for another 18months but i like to be prepared and know what im getting and what to roughly expect. I like the looks of BHP but they are so close to Woma's im thinking something different. Possibly a carpet??? So im turning to all of you to help sway me in a direction. What snake, markings and why? Add pics to boost you're argument. Annnnnnd go.....

Jungles!! They look great easy to keep and good price. Simplez

You have a Woma so......Black headed python, Green tree python, Bredli...... why choose only one:D they are all awesome:twisted:

Hmmmm, a roughy looks really really nice untill they open their mouth, OMG i thought carpets had an arsenal, they got nothing on a roughy :) .......................Ron

One of everything....you can't lose :)

So it looks like just have one of everything. I did think about a bredli they look pretty awesome. Although the roughy has got my attention now also.

How about learning to make your own decisions in life?

A little harsh I think. All I can say is get a Carpet I cannot praise them enough, wonderful snakes to own and so beautiful.

Kindest regards

Endeavour

Go with whatever tickles you.....but Bredli are pretty special - but then so is my MD, Intergrade, Cape York Jungle, and Spotted

Really depends on what you want......

If room wasn't a problem I think I would get one of each and maybe a few of some. Work out what you want from your snake, how much you have to spend and what room you have and see which one fits your profile.

Re read your original post re BHP being close to Woma. That's what those nearest and dearest said to me also. Now having bought one...cause its what "I" wanted ;) I couldn't be happier. The difference between my Woma and the BHP are also pretty noticeable and I'm not just talking about colour, feel, attitude, behaviour etc don't regret getting it for a minute. In saying all this I also have a Bredli and since snakes can't read I can put it in writing here that she is my favourite8).

Like others have said here, go with what grabs you. It seems you are asking simply to expand your knowledge and gauge peoples feel for different snakes and that's all good. This is part of the fun, enjoy. Now I'm off to convince my wife that I NEED another snake....

Here are a couple of mine but each different species have such different variations as well so you could get the same species but quite different looking.

Attachments

• BHP.png
    BHP.png
    699.8 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_6994.jpg
    IMG_6994.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 81
Here are a couple of mine but each different species have such different variations as well so you could get the same species but quite different looking.

May have to flip a coin in the end. Although who knows where my tastes will lie in another 18months.

Lots of research while you wait, go and handle a few different ( preferably adults because most hatchies are snappy) if you can, see what you like?

For me, I fell in love with the RSP firstly because of their looks, then looked into them a little more, did some research, and found out they were extremely placid (for a snake that is) and many other little things I liked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back