Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RubberDucky

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm new here and have been lurking on this forum for about 4-5 weeks now and decided today was the day to sign up. Recently I've been doing general research on the uptake of having a pet python. The first mistake I made was not realising some species were banned, and how strict Australia is with their import/export conditions and animals. No Ball Pythons for me =P.

Currently I'm looking at the Anteresia selection, coming down to really getting to know what it takes to have a Childreni or Pygmy python. Mainly, I just want to start off small with a little hatchling to get to know the species and everything, plus I think the Childreni are beautiful creatures.

A lot of the reason why I decided to looking into owning snakes is because currently, I've recently developed extreme allergies to my own furry pets, (lots of cats in the family.) And it's extremely unpleasant having to deal with sneezing and feeling like I can't breathe.

I can't get a snake just yet - my mother is awfully against snakes and firmly believes they should be kept in the wild and aren't domestic pets and shouldn't be kept in cages. Although I think she's right, with such a firm foothold in the petting and hobby industry, I don't think anything will stop reptiles from being kept in homes.

Thanks for your time!

Welcome :D I share the furry pet allergies :( It sucks, doesn't it? :( But that is why reptiles exist!!!! ^_^ (Not really but...)

Maybe take her around to a local breeder so she can see first hand as well as talk to an experienced keeper :D Good luck! :)

I wish... unfortunately she's adament about what she thinks, and a tough woman to persuade on any topic of discussion. I'm just gonna have to wait :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back