My new elderly Bredli

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I think you have done well and the snake looks lovely, no matter what breed it is (though I think it might be a coastal :) ) And as long as it is quiet and relaxed, it's age doesn't matter too much - she just may not live for as many years as you would have liked if she is 25. Good on you for taking an older animal and giving it a good home. You will learn plenty as you go along, so don't be afraid to ask questions and don't panic too much about anything :).

Despite what breed and what age it is I would be concerned as to why it is weak? I would have quarantined it from your other snake for at least 6 months. It does not look under weight to me so being underfed would not be the reason for it being weak. As for you question on the enclosure , I would ditch the blanket for a couple of hides and generally I would go for a taller enclosure than you have got. Do you have a license and is the snake on license?

Yeah I'm planning a vet check soon. I think she was underfed, as was my first coastal when I got her, but she's doing well now. I'll keep a close eye on this one and post updates.

I have added a good sized hide she is enjoying, that photo was from when I first picked her up. I do have a licence but I'm unsure of the person I got it off, it was a gumtree sale. I'm glad I got her anyway, at least I'll be able to take care of her better than it seems the previous owner did. I'll take the advice I've been given, and I'm gonna do more research before I buy another snake. Thanks for the help everyone

I do have a licence but I'm unsure of the person I got it off, it was a gumtree sale.

You are going to need that other persons licence details to put into your record book or online records otherwise you have an (illegal) off licence snake in your possession.
Always remember..... NO licence, NO sale! :)

Last edited:
I'm going to be another person that says it doesn't look like a Bredli more like a coastal :) I also agree with above posts about putting it in quarantine, you really don't want your other python getting sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back