Jungle Python hasnt eaten in 5 months !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only reason a Jungle (or any Python, for that matter) would struggle with larger food items is because the meal was simply too big... Or there was insufficient heat for digestion. In my opinion.

Biologist, I certainly was not trying to belittle you or anyone else. I misunderstood you wording about feed sizing. I worded my post in that way to be clear and to the point, there was no negative intent towards you. I was simply stating the facts.

I have kept and bred jungles for quite some time and have never had a problem with large feeds. Aside from a couple picky feeders i've always had strong feeding reactions, even moreso than other morelia i've kept. The reaction described is typical of a stressed out snake. It may be something else but when a snake goes off food like this a good percentage of the time it's low temps or stress. Particularly after a change of environment, even if that's the same old tank in a new house.

I understand and agree with your opinions on being polite and pleasent on here. I like to be as clear and to the point as I can on here, please don't take that as rudeness. understand that it's sometimes harder to convey such tones from behind a keyboard.

Just an update that Daniel101 let me know that his jungle (Mowgali who previously lived in my office) finally ate a large rat the other day for the first time in over 6months :)

Yes he finally ate a Jumbo Rat, had to be patient but he finally went for it.
thanks for everyones input

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back