DOG OWNERS> bsl rally this Saturday

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JM1982

Reaction score
<BEHIND YOU> ...(if your in Melbourne and your
What is BSL?

BSL is an ethical failure. BSL is a public safety failure.

Description

Breed-specific legislation (BSL) is a law that bans OR restricts certain types of dogs based on their appearance, usually because they are perceived as “dangerous” breeds or types of dogs.
**It is a common misconception that BSL refers only to breed bans. BSL is seen in two forms: bans and restrictions.**
A breed ban usually requires that all dogs of a certain appearance (“targeted breed”) be removed from the municipality wherein the ban has been implemented. After the effective date of the ban, dogs in the municipality that are identified as targeted breeds are usually subject to being killed by animal control, though in some cases, such dogs may be saved if relocation is an option. Breed bans may have grandfather clauses that allow dogs of targeted breeds to stay in the ban area (provided they are registered with the municipality by a certain date, and likely subject to various breed-specific restrictions).
Breed-specific restrictions may require an owner of a targeted breed do any of the following or more, depending on how the law is written:
Muzzle the dog in public
Spay or neuter the dog
Contain the dog in a kennel with specific requirements (6′ chain link walls, lid, concrete floors, etc.)
Keep the dog on a leash of specific length or material
Purchase liability insurance of a certain amount
Place “vicious dog” signs on the outside of the residence where the dog lives
Make the dog wear a “vicious dog” tag or other identifying marker

This legislation can and will be extended to more breeds as we have seen globally. Breeds like your humble Golden Retriever, Labrador, Rottweiler, German Sheperds have all been targeted in other countries. Do you want your loving family dog targeted???? To be ripped out of your family home??? To never be seen again??? ALL based on how the dog looks......

Help us overturn this legistlation and join the fight against the discrimination.

Global Rally Against Breed Specific Legislation, Melbourne | Melbourne

I hope there's a really good turnout this time. I don't know if I'm going yet, I'm working night shift this weekend so might not be able to drag myself out of bed for it :(

so is this in favour or not in favour?

Fingers crossed, lets see how this one is going to turn out. All animal lovers should take a stand against BSL, it is one of the most unjust laws ever made.... I hope this gets the ball rolling, the rescues i work with have tried so much here in Sydney.
Goodluck mate and keep us updated

Unfortunately it's looking like I'm not going to make it. I've had to help my parents move all their crap into storage today, so I'm barely 5 minutes into my night shift and I'm already exhausted.
:(
I wish I'd known about this sooner than I did, I would have taken the weekend off work to go :(

Redbull gives you wings!!!

Its not the first rally, and it won't be the last.
Ill give you a heads up earlier next time!

I wish I'd found out earlier myself. Trying to get the word out, lots of ppl looking at the post, not many commenting.

Is there going to be any in Qld at all?

Just did a google search and it looks like there is.
The only links were through Facebook, which I don't use, so I can't view them:?

Assuming your on Facebook, like the rest of the world:)facepalm:not including me) do a google search.
Let me know how you go Jessica
(Hope that makes sense- no coffee yet..)

Thats an awesome turn out !!! More power to all of you..... Any ideas about when the sydney one is taking place? I have been overseas for a while and am kind of behind on all the new updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back