Vic wildlife officers seize snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ask a properly trained reptile vet which is better, brick or green dream, they will say brick (ie Hammer or boot heel)
Green dream will take many hours, which in turn means many hours suffering.
Anyone who keeps reptiles should be aware of this.

Crushed skull IS the appropriate way to euthanase a reptile

Blunt force trauma if done correctly is a very quick and humane way to die.

Good to see something actually being done about exotics.

Unfortunately, although it's never the exotics choice to be smuggled or bred in Australia euthanasia was the right action to take. Sadly it is the animals that have to pay for the decisions people make.

Thanks for clearing that up. I would have never known otherwise. It's a pretty... uh, grotesque to say the least way to do things. If a future snake of mine were to ever get sick, the last thing I would want it to do is to suffer a slow death, I guess.

It still makes me uneasy knowing that blunt force is the better way to do things, only because I deem actions like those violent. But, if it benefits the snake, then I guess it's something that needs to be done. Thanks again.

Not to upset anyone, but if I were overseas I'd drool at the chance to own one of these, however living here the first thing I'd do if I came across one is brick it.
They simply do not belong, especially in private collections.
The only place they should be is zoological collections where they actually serve a purpose.

Yeah right. No way anyone on this forum is going to be walking down the street, see a Brazilian Rainbow Boa and say, "Wow, check it out, that's a Rainbow Boa!! Hey, do me a favour and hand me that brick..."

Perhaps it would be better to euthanize appropriately then brick it then.

Why would you euthanize it and then brick it? Seems kind of redundant ;)

Very sad... I still don't see why illegal imports (once given a clean bill of health) can't be rehomed somehow. Zoo/rescue centre/ballot. Just... something.

I think it's because if they were to escape/released into the wild they could reproduce and cause catastrophic loss in with in our native fauna! I personally think our pythons are to drool over compared to corn snakes, ball pythons ect... ;) IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back