Pygmy python thread

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome pics there fay! Do you breed these guys? how old is that one? I already have the missus won over! Just showed her the pics on this thread:) looks like my first snake will be a Pygmy:)

My Pygmy Python pair I picked up yesterday. So happy with them - they are the coolest snake (my kids love them!)

Attachments

• 20130819_163458.jpg
    20130819_163458.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 168
  • 20130819_163508.jpg
    20130819_163508.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 146
  • 20130819_163607.jpg
    20130819_163607.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 147
  • 20130819_163611.jpg
    20130819_163611.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 135
  • 20130819_163633.jpg
    20130819_163633.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 161
^ little beauties there grunter, thanks for sharing.
Anyone else with new pygmies, or any breeders with eggs on the cooker yet??

We can't keep them in WA. But we can enjoy finding them in the wild :)

wow, I love the red/orange ones. Must admit, as hatchies they kind of creep me out a little- kind of look like earthworms.

How much does one of these guys go for? I've read around that they can be a little hard to come by with not many people breeding them? I'm in the market for a Stimi next season, but could be convinced to go for a Pygmy however i'm fairly doubtful i'll be able to find them very readily available

wow, I love the red/orange ones. Must admit, as hatchies they kind of creep me out a little- kind of look like earthworms.

How much does one of these guys go for? I've read around that they can be a little hard to come by with not many people breeding them? I'm in the market for a Stimi next season, but could be convinced to go for a Pygmy however i'm fairly doubtful i'll be able to find them very readily available
They're fairly easy to find now days. There's several people breeding them in Victoria as well, if you're set on those then there will be some available. Otherwise I'm sure there will be plenty of stimsoni in Victoria this season.

They're fairly easy to find now days. There's several people breeding them in Victoria as well, if you're set on those then there will be some available. Otherwise I'm sure there will be plenty of stimsoni in Victoria this season.
Thanks No-two i'll make some enquiries and see if i can get a hold of a breeder!

^ I agree. I have a 6 month old juvie, +/- 22cm, she's never bitten once (not that it would hurt), and it seems she loves to be handled. I reckon a good choice blakes..

Where did you get yours from Goldie?

Where did you get yours from Goldie?

Hey bdav, I got mine from URS some time ago, she was a one off. They haven't had any more listed since. Worth watching their site though because she was an excellent price, and she's a robust little tacker. If you're after some now, there is a listing on RDU at the mo.
e3ure8a8.jpg

She's had a few sheds and is starting to colour up nicely...

The best thread I think. I get mine in a month or so.. so pumped..

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk 2

Hey bdav, I got mine from URS some time ago, she was a one off. They haven't had any more listed since. Worth watching their site though because she was an excellent price, and she's a robust little tacker. If you're after some now, there is a listing on RDU at the mo.

She's had a few sheds and is starting to colour up nicely...

Fanstasic. Thanks! ... Well I made contact with a breeder who put me on the waiting list. But just had a feeling of dread- I can't find them on the basic wildlife license for Victoria. Anyone know whether they are able to be kept. Seems odd

In Vic all you do is pay a bit more each year (around $150 all up). It isn't hard to upgrade. When I was down there I went straight onto an advanced. Easy.

Definitely be worth considering for a pygmy.

In Vic all you do is pay a bit more each year (around $150 all up). It isn't hard to upgrade. When I was down there I went straight onto an advanced. Easy.

Definitely be worth considering for a pygmy.

That's great to hear, food for thought, maybe that could be the go. I love these things :)

New pygmy :)

My new Pygmy - I wanted a really, really RED one. He's gorgeous :)

Attachments

• Ra 2.jpg
    Ra 2.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 202
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back