Bearded dragon girl attacking.!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gando

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all I have a pair both around 7 months old, but happy to be together and when basking sleep into of each other. BUT in the last week when I go and open the glass and feed or clean the tank the female opens her mouth and seems scared of me and or wants to attack me, she has but not sure why any help please :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are approaching her from high up and you are going to pick her up with your hand from above, this could be causing the fear. Many small animals will act defensively when approached this way as they are low to the ground whereas birds and dogs loom over them and attack from above. My beardie will calmly let me pick him up when I kneel down and let him be above me. Moving slowly when in the cage is also useful, as jerky movements can startle.

The tank is up high a bout to chin high so that's not it and she just started to do it in the last week.

The tank is up high a bout to chin high so that's not it and she just started to do it in the last week.

Don't rule it out. Think about how you approach the bearded dragon.
Also, do you handle it regularly?

No have to admit I don't handle as much as I should, I do have a few and a couple of kids running around.

My female has always been a cow, just scope her up an be the boss. Don't back down or she will think she has won an keep it up.

Rick

Know nothing about bearded dragons, but could she be thinking that she will be fed, and that's why she runs over to you with her mouth open? Or is that completely off... haha

its beardy puberty, shes at the age where they test their limits.

Like rogue said, dont let her get away with it or she'll keep it up.

Naomi mmmm not sure maybe lol that's why I asked for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back