Funny Buyers?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NickGeee

Reaction score
Afew hours after putting up an ad for my velvet I got a reply asking if I would like to swap it for something that isn't a gecko or money.
I asked him were he was going and I was offered a Nintendo Wii and Phones. I told him I was after either money or a Pilberenses but he again offered me something: a metal detector!
I said no thanks but his final offer was a Mini fridge :/

Have any of you guys had any people like this respond to ads?

No weird hay I mean people just want to scrounge off you by offering things you don't want. If all goes to plan hopefully ill be your purchaser. :) If Mum Says Yes
But yeah wired offer.

that is seriously so weird nickg, just told the misses and she just stared at me like what is with people lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah they probably were stolen :(
I thought he read the ad wrong as he was trying to sell me stuff for money :eek:

would it be more desirable if the offer was, say along the lines of ill dance naked while cooking you a roast lamb? Maybe even throw in a table dance if the table is sturdy enough? oh was it a guy or girl? hahaha :p

Happens to me all the time.I usually reply telling them to sell what they want to swap then get back to me once they have the cash.

be careful when people offer to trade things like a wii u or iphones chances are the goods are probably stolen...but thats not always the case, lol when i had my high yellow female jungle for sale i got offered books,dvds,cd's,a bass(guitar) shark teeth various fossils, amber resin,pills, bodyboards and clothes lol

That's very weird!
I knew the goods he offered were probably not working or dodgey.

It is becoming a very common practice amongst younger people, particularly on FB selling sites. I am a member of a couple of such Buy & Sell pages locally and nearly every item listed has people coming back wanting to offer swaps for the item being sold - Is much more prevalent in fishing/automotive type pages rather than the 'Mums & Bubs" type but pretty well happens across the board to some degrees.

Some cases are probably legitimate - but you have to wonder if the goods being offered for trade are stolen or faulty.

When I use to breed and sell tropical fish I had something similar, instead of swaps though I would get offers (sight unseen) when selling something for $300 (pet shop price over $600) and offers of $50 or less. It did my head in.

When I use to breed and sell tropical fish I had something similar, instead of swaps though I would get offers (sight unseen) when selling something for $300 (pet shop price over $600) and offers of $50 or less. It did my head in.

And "I can only buy it for x (usually at least half the asking price) if you can drop it off at my house (worst was an hour from my house)"

And "I can only buy it for x (usually at least half the asking price) if you can drop it off at my house (worst was an hour from my house)"

So im not the only one;). My best was when I sold a $200 fish for $50 which they wanted delivered at 5am as they worked night shift, refused to call to organise details and had I been paying for the sms would have spent more on sms than the asking price:facepalm: needless to say I didn't sell it on principle alone:D

yep, someone wanted to swap me an ipad for my rick walker yellow. shame on him..

The best feeling is when they offer crap and make silly offer, then u sell it for what you wanted too, then they come back trying buy it again and you get to say "sold already!!!!"
I love how iPhones keep old MSG conversations, I have one guy who bugged me for ages, I went above and beyond and he still stuffed me around, every time I put a ad up he sends me stupid offers, I just ignore it, I must have 50 of msged from the last couple years. Damn chump!!!

So im not the only one;). My best was when I sold a $200 fish for $50 which they wanted delivered at 5am as they worked night shift, refused to call to organise details and had I been paying for the sms would have spent more on sms than the asking price:facepalm: needless to say I didn't sell it on principle alone:D

Yeah, it's pretty annoying. I've given away a few bits on Gumtree too (an old tv etc) for free just so I can get rid of them and have had people want me to drop it off. I feel like saying "it's free! I've had 20 phone calls in the last hour who want to come pick it up, I'm not driving it to you!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back