yah whoooo - Calico BHP

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bowdnboy

Reaction score
G'Day all

I just woke this morning to my 5yr old male BHP shed over night. Surprise Surprise, Hes starting to go Calico on me!!!!!!!!

Him and his sister brought originally as normal QLD BHP's (Nth QLD - Atherton tablelands), no Calico gene present as far as I was told.

Hopefully over his next few sheds he lose even more pigment. Only thing is now will have to wait till after winter...

His sister is still heavilly in shed. Fingers crossed!

Check out the pics

Cheers

P4201653.JPGP4201652.JPGP4201647.JPG

Wow how lucky is that. It will be interesting to see what he looks like after a few more sheds.

A very beautiful snake indeed, can't wait to see more changes! Best of luck with the sister too :)

haha jacorin...............thanks for the offer...lol.

But I think I'm going to hang onto him................

UPDATE

My male Calico shed again over night. A bit strange considerring I havnt fed them for a while now. Anyway, has lost a lot more.

Cheers

P7121771.JPGP7121781.JPGP7121790.JPG

Although still has a lot of pigment towards the head, you can clearly see where it it starting to go. A lot more compared to before shed
Before:

P4201639.jpgP4201638.jpg

Looking good! A couple more sheds and it'll probably be done. I love the look of calicos.

Thanks all, will be interesting to see if he goes completely Calico and loses all pigment (except for the head of course)

Can I hear from others who have had their BHP's turn - how many sheds did it take for theres to go completely??

Looks like you threw him in the washing machine with bleach lol.

I hope mine doesn't do that. I like the stripes.

Glad you're happy though. Enjoy!

Not gonna lie but honestly I don't find it overly attractive. Give me a nice strong marking BHP any day of the week.

Glad you're happy with it though, will be interesting to see how it turns out.

Pic didn't work but I do know how they start of normal and they change at sexual maturity or a bit later. I have 2 normal blackhead's and I prefer them over the "Calico"

The Calico on dens site that is on the sand, I'd have a couple but unfortunately they don't all go like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back