lsglesa lizard question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GliderReptiles

Reaction score
Hello, I was wondering if anyone could tell me about the liasis jicari Popua lizard? If anyone has any experience with them? I haven't found much on em and I am gonna get a pair from a friend who doesn't want them anymore, and id like to be prepared.. If possible.. I know foe sure that they are this particular legless lizard. If you have any ideas, please let me know. Thanks.

^ is that the papuan snake lizard? correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure it has a similiar diet to a burtons legless meaning they eat legless lizards other skinks/geckoes

Get as much information off the person you are getting them off of. They should be able to tell you everything about keeping and feeding. Also make sure you have a good supply of lizards to feed it if it doesn't it any other foods.
Cheers Cameron

From memory the Papuan species, unlike the australian one, has been known to eat things other than reptiles. A quick google check and some research should be able to confirm this.
Reptiles are still the major component of its diet though.
Where are you gliderreptiles? If you are in oz then it's unlikely to be the Papuan species.

The Australian species can easily be assist fed on mouse tails or thawed mosquito fish. I have kept Delma, Pygopus and Lialis and the later are by far the easiest to keep in captivity if you're willing to assist feed them alternative food items.

Posted on behalf

GliderReptiles said:
I'm not in Aussie, this is the first website I found so I went with it.. I'm in the USA. The person don't know jack about the animals thus why I am taking it, I can get the feeder ankles and house geckos, and rats/mice, fish, crickets, anything I would need I can easily get where I am. But I don't know what to put them on.. They have them in aspin shavings, but I can't tell from my search online if this is correct or not, I can't find hardly anything from the one thing I found other then someone thought they only ate smaller lizards.I do a lot with monitors and iguanas, macaws, geckos and different things like that, I am not an amateur, not a pro, but not an armature. I have never got a legless lizard before, I've done a lot with snakes too, but everything I have had I could find atlesst one person who has them and I can compare notes. But I can't find anything on these little guys...
thank you everyone for the fast responses and please have patience with me. I am trying to do the right thing for the lizards.. If I didn't take them the person was just gonna give them to the neighborhood kids, and I really didn't want that to happen.. Anything you guys can add to help would be great. As soon as I get them, I can take pictures and post them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back