Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really love how friendly and approachable all of the breeders and exhibitors are. I always have a trillion questions when it comes to more of the unusual breeds, so thank you to all of those willing to share their knowledge. It's always makes the trip from Toowoomba worth it :) I managed to take Trevor's Crocodactyl home, soon super thrilled about that :)

Not 1 GTP!!! :twisted: Seems to be getting worse every year. Not better

FLOP

WOW, how terrible. Did you stop to think why there were no GTPs??.....Qld Parks regulation forbid displaying Ozzie greens as they are on the endangered list.
Woma are on the same list and last year Parks specifically told me that I couldn't display woma or Aussie greens.

WOW, how terrible. Did you stop to think why there were no GTPs??.....Qld Parks regulation forbid displaying Ozzie greens as they are on the endangered list.
Woma are on the same list and last year Parks specifically told me that I couldn't display woma or Aussie greens.
Last year there was a number of GTP's on display but was told they were from PNG and that is why they were allowed. Do you know if this was correct? Also there was a few woma's there this year so was the rule relaxed and the lack of GTP's was a coincidence?

Last year the breeder that had the GTPs on display was from Sydney :) I was actually bummed he wasn't there this year...

Last year the breeder that had the GTPs on display was from Sydney :) I was actually bummed he wasn't there this year...
Yeah , I know the breeder was from Australia but I was told they were PNG heritage snakes, I was a bit skeptical of that information though.

Yeah , I know the breeder was from Australia but I was told they were PNG heritage snakes, I was a bit skeptical of that information though.

Well that info does ring a bell but I couldn't confirm for sure, it was a year ago :) I do remember though that he had a red phase hatchling worth 3k. It was cool, but I just like the normal ones :)

I am under the belief that most Aussie GTP's are yellow and it is the red ones that have a greater chance of having desirable trait.

The GTPs that you can see on display at QLD expos are only those of non-native descent - meaning that they are supposed to stem from animals that were put on license after the NSW amnesty.

The theory that I am aware of re neonate colour vs adult colour stems from keepers in the states where they have typically worked with more colour mutations that stem from red neonate animals. This is not to say that you can't get these colours in yellow neos as adults, it's just that there has been more work done on the reds.

I am under the belief that most Aussie GTP's are yellow and it is the red ones that have a greater chance of having desirable trait.

Haha yes I think that is the idea. He had a picture of the dad an he was a dull green with a reddish, brown spotted marbling type pattern from memory. I just like the green ones :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back