Knobby with bad skin shead

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

geckoman1985

Reaction score
I need some help i have a 5 mounth old knob tailed gecko that has half done its shed the face and the eyes and tail shed ok but it's belly and legs have not this was 4 days ago have made there sand moist and temps are fine the female in the same i enclosure
has shed not log ago and was fine i placed the male in tub on wet paper towel to see if that will help it is winter and its cold here so worried about getting him to cold is there any thing els I can do to make it easier for him. I had issues befor in winter with shedding befor with other geckos . This time the things I have tried and know have not worked.

what substrate are you using? I find that using sand or desert sand works well as they can enclose their hides with the moist sand and hide in there which helps the shed. Apart from that just give a light spray every day or 2 and he will be right in no time :) Also if you put like a little branch or something in there sometimes that is good so they can rub the shed

Thay have desart sand it seem to dry out quick tho I don't want it to wet as it gets cold here I have heat mat under there enclosure so it fine and like I sead the female shed fine a few days ago

get a seperate container, i use a lunch box sized one, put a piece of paper towel and 2mms of water in it, lid on, and place it half on the heat source, it will get all steamy and loosen the remaining skin.

check on it and mist it every half hour or so while its in there, might take a couple of hours, but it will work.

are you sure he did not eat the rest of the shed? sometimes they eat it and you don't notice. or is it visibly still on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back