pilb or occy?? :O

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NickGeee

Reaction score
picked this gurl up today with a large price tag... the dealer said she was collected on permit from W.A. HE said it was collected from the Pilbara... what do you guys think? Will get pics ASAP

a5y3eguh.jpg

sorry to say it but its just a normal levis the pilbas have a bit of a pattern on them and are usually lighter colouring how much did u pay for her i hope nothing over 150

Ah well at least I have I.D.payed 255 for her... Apparently its alot of money with all the licensing required to catch her plus the freight and stuff :/

sorry to say it but its just a normal levis the pilbas have a bit of a pattern on them and are usually lighter colouring how much did u pay for her i hope nothing over 150
That's a very confident answer without much behind it. Pilbs are incredibly variable and can be boldly marked or almost patternless like the example posted.

Nick at the end of the day you can't be 100% sure but there's a fair amount coming out of WA at the moment so it's probably legitimate. Also worth establishing trust with the seller before purchase rather than buying animals and then questioning if they're genuine afterwards.

Ah well at least I have I.D.payed 255 for her... Apparently its alot of money with all the licensing required to catch her plus the freight and stuff :/

when u put it that way its fine cause your probably looking anywere from 50 to 85 for shipping and than the permit to catch her so i recko u didnt do bad

My guess is occidentalis from the photo.

They are all Levis.

225 for a wild caught individual is ok. You can get a captive bred for less but you don't get the bloodlines.

The variation here in the Pilbara is immense and I have also found a Levis (not Pilbarensis) not that far away from the Pilbara ( Danny Brown actually did the ID). That specimen just looks like any other I have seen stupid amounts of close to Hedland.

The dealer told me she is a shark bay locale - an occy.
Only took him a month to contact the collector :|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back