Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
UGH! So my mum lost her licence to drink driving for 6 months and I have had to put my life on hold because I can't get anywhere! (too young to get a licence :() So she gets it back next week and with one week of holidays left, I made a list of places I'd like to go as mum asked me :) 6 months being stuck in the same house I think I deserve it ;)
So anyway I give her the list and she says what about your brother? He might want to go somewhere. My brother has had 5 sleep overs, gone to 2 footy matches, seen 3 movies at the cinema and been at his mate's houses all holidays! And I have been stuck at home doing nothing! So I get to go to 1 place ( A shopping center I didn't want to go to, mum did) and all of the other days she is driving my brother around to everywhere he wants to go! This is so unfair!!! I can't even go to my friend's house because apparently it is too hard to drive 15mins to their houses and if I have animals I can't have a life :evil:
The only good thing is I have arranged a meeting to buy a Silverfawn rat at the shopping center, which will sum up my whole holidays -_-
Well, you can tell who mum's favorite child is I guess :(

On a VERY good note though, Dad has promised me a Water Python, Olive Python and Woma Python early next year when the hatchies are available ^_^ (Mainly because he wants them too:p I still have to pay for them though, but I have permission! :)) Yay for dad's!!!

LOL, yeah ! Have you never suffered water restrictions !

(I've fixed my spelling mistake :) )
or how about coming out one day to find teenage kids have cut it up for makeshift bongs haha

or how about coming out one day to find teenage kids have cut it up for makeshift bongs haha

We used to use our own hose for that lol. Only once did i see a mate cut up a neighbours hose. I dont leave a hose out front of my house due to theft, yea it does happen and not just in sections.

Rick

My vent for today-
People who take there insecurities out on other people because they have done the wrong thing and feel the need to blame other people for their actions.
Just because you can't deal with your feelings for the mistakes you have made does not give you right to accuse and insinuate made up situations because you can't take responsibility of your actions.
It makes me sad that people resort to things like this, what happened to people being responsible and true?
I keep getting more and more surprised with how the way some people treat people. Treat people how you want to be treated! It's not hard!

I would like to use this thread as a bit of a warning for people and an inspiration as well.

Earlier this year a workmate and friend of mine was a workplace accident, he sustained life threatening injuries and burnt his arms that badly that they had to be surgically removed. He was a high voltage live linesman who was working live on 11000 volt lines doing his day to day job. He become a little complacent as we all do over time and didn't follow procedures quite as well as he should have and decided to remove his rubber insulating gloves and sleeves whilst working on earthed metalwork within close proximity to the wires because the job would have been easier and was only going to take five minutes. One of the insulating covers that is his first barrier of protection had moved exposing some of the high voltage wire and his back accidentally contacted the wire whilst he had his hands on the earth metalwork. There was a bit of a fireball and electricity passed through Garry's body blowing a hole the size of a tennis ball out of his back and burning the insides of his body that badly that his arms contracted up against his chest. He regained consciences before being brought to the ground and was in a bit of pain but shock was setting in. He was rushed to the hospital where he underwent a lot of major surgeries to try and save his arms and finally amputate them. His body started to shut down and went into toxic shock from the amount of toxins produced by the burns and he went into a coma and his liver stopped working. Garry came out of the coma and spent the next three months in hospital recovering and rebuilding some of his muscles with physio and occupational therapy.

Now the word of warning is to anyone who decides to take short cuts that compromise safety especially the young males that think they are a bit invincible , it isn't worth it. About five years ago ago was an overweight smoker that probably would have died from this accident but he decided to start mountain bike riding and got into it in a big way. He gave up smoking and would spend many hours of many days riding anywhere and everywhere. He became quite fit and started to compete in mountain bike events especially the 24 hour endurance events. He was over 50 and competed in over 50 world 24 hour mountain biking races and did quite well. He even did a 10 day ride from Brisbane to Melbourne for charity and raised quite a bit of money for prostate research. Unfortunately Garry will not be able to ride his mountain bike off road again due to his injuries. It is not just the injury that you need to worry about , it is the impact that it has on the rest of your life and the lives of the people around you.

Now for the inspiration part, Garry has been through a life changing accident that has taken away his arms and his hobby but has not given up. He has spent the half of this year so far in hospital and has only been out for maybe a month. Whilst in hospital he did not lie around feeling sorry for himself , he was going to the rehabilitation area and getting on the exercise bike and treadmill and training. Last weekend he competed and complete in the Gold Coast half marathon in a time of 2 hours and six minutes. Garry is planning on having running as new hobby and possibly a limited return to his road bike if he is able to get prosthetics that are able to aid him in riding.

Attachments

• Garry.jpg
    Garry.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 161
Good on him ! And a good warning for those that think they know what they're doing when doing their own wiring

So,, it has been 20 odd years since I last had to apply for a job but that is NO excuse for the treatment employers seem to be giving to job applicants today . There seems to be a lack of respect --just because I Don't have a job at the moment . I have emailed over 300 applications and had 1 reply which was in the negative . I have also made 100 or so phone enquiries and had the phone slammed in my ear a dozen times and grunted at even more "its gone " or" NUH ". My understanding was that the restaurant / food scene was a happening thing with skilled and more learned people due to all of the Media exposure . Seems like all this has done is turn the industry into a melting pot of know it all's . Maybe its just me and I should be looking at a posties job or similar where I can smile at old people and say hello to small children without being called a Pedo .

My son (16) -- who just started an apprenticeship as a mechanic ,came home cranky yesterday going on about an elderly man that came into the workshop and spoke to his boss then they both came over to him and congratulated him on the ability to answer the phone politely and speak knowingly about his car .The funny thing is that --as my son and being taught the correct way to do these things in life -- didn't see what the fuss was about . :D

Last edited by a moderator:
So,, it has been 20 odd years since I last had to apply for a job but that is NO excuse for the treatment employers seem to be giving to job applicants today . There seems to be a lack of respect --just because I Don't have a job at the moment . I have emailed over 300 applications and had 1 reply which was in the negative . I have also made 100 or so phone enquiries and had the phone slammed in my ear a dozen times and grunted at even more "its gone " or" NUH ". My understanding was that the restaurant / food scene was a happening thing with skilled and more learned people due to all of the Media exposure . Seems like all this has done is turn the industry into a melting pot of know it all's . Maybe its just me and I should be looking at a posties job or similar where I can smile at old people and say hello to small children without being called a Pedo .

My son (16) -- who just started an apprenticeship as a mechanic ,came home cranky yesterday going on about an elderly man that came into the workshop and spoke to his boss then they both came over to him and congratulated him on the ability to answer the phone politely and speak knowingly about his car .The funny thing is that --as my son and being taught the correct way to do these things in life -- didn't see what the fuss was about . :D
Sounds like you are about to break into one of those "when I was your age" stories that you hear old people telling, don't give in yet mate. Sometimes a career change can be the best thing in life. Good luck with the job hunting.

Last edited by a moderator:
borntobnude;2373840..... .The funny thing is that --as my son and being taught the correct way to do these things in life -- didn't see what the fuss was about . :D[/QUOTE said:
LOL, sounds like your son needs a lesson on how to accept a compliment!
In a (business) world that seems to think a piece of paper stating "in appreciation of ...." Or 'employee of the month' Is a way of showing staff that they've done a good job, I think a compliment such as your son revived speaks more highly of him than anything else the boss could do. He (the boss) didn't have to bring the customer to your son, he could have just dealt with it out of sight, and your son would be none the wiser.

Call me old fashioned but a thank you means a lot.

My vent for today is I tried to resign from my job,I have a direct manager and a collective group manager.First hearing the news the direct manager looked like he was having a heart attack, the collective group manager reluctantly took my resignation letter but refused to accept my resignation. Tomorrow will be interesting to see how they plan to make me withdraw my letter.

Sounds like you are about to break into one of those "when I was your age" stories that you hear old people telling, don't give in yet mate. Sometimes a career change can be the best thing in life. Good luck with the job hunting.

Not quite be there is something missing from todays world :rolleyes: . I have been travelling on a few trains lately and I think a part of the problem is the things people have attached to their heads . I laugh at the ones that don't hear a car coming when they are crossing the road or stair blankly at someone trying to ask or tell them something :lol:

Not quite be there is something missing from todays world :rolleyes: . I have been travelling on a few trains lately and I think a part of the problem is the things people have attached to their heads . I laugh at the ones that don't hear a car coming when they are crossing the road or stair blankly at someone trying to ask or tell them something :lol:
The apprentices these days when we have paperwork to do just seem to sit around on their phones texting or going on the internet instead of cleaning off the truck or restocking or any of the other menial tasks that need to be done.

The apprentices these days when we have paperwork to do just seem to sit around on their phones texting or going on the internet instead of cleaning off the truck or restocking or any of the other menial tasks that need to be done.

its not just the young ones although I have noted that older women seem to use their kindle or such to read the younger women tend to be playing games or texting the old men read newspapers .
yes I spend too much time watching people --- but I have Nothing else to do :(

The people below us are being ridiculously loud. I'm aware it's Friday night but they know they live in units and are shouting and singing and playing there music at insane levels.

Had a beautiful Green Tree Python baby (7 Months). Found it passed away this afternoon, a great friend and $1000 down the drain. Gonna miss her so much :( Worst part is I have no idea what happened, it had a black stomach and almost a caved in spine.
Feels bad, might have to take it in for an autopsy so my other Green Tree and various reptiles don't get something from it :(

I love this hobby, but man is it hard sometimes.

Edit: MY DP Is the snake.

Had a beautiful Green Tree Python baby (7 Months). Found it passed away this afternoon, a great friend and $1000 down the drain. Gonna miss her so much :( Worst part is I have no idea what happened, it had a black stomach and almost a caved in spine.
Feels bad, might have to take it in for an autopsy so my other Green Tree and various reptiles don't get something from it :(

I love this hobby, but man is it hard sometimes.

Edit: MY DP Is the snake.

So so so so sorry for your loos mate :( Must be absolutely heart breaking, it always is :(
RIP Azuritde <3

Autopsy is the best option, all the best.

Oh no, I am so sorry to hear that. I remember when you got her. My condolences.

had to go to the vet today, my diamond female got some of her substrate stuck in her mouth and got an infection. she had her mouth cleaned and anti biotics for the next 2 weeks.

chives my male central beardie has refused to eat much and he is a pig so i checked him over opened his mouth and saw some worms in the back of his throat, bought reptile wormer wormed him and the worms will not go. so took him to the vet to get a stronger dose.

after my females lay i will be taking them to the vet for treatment as he was in contact with them.

i dunno were he got it from but i did quarantine him and he was eating and never saw a worm in his poo so put him in with the girls he mated and then i find worms and they did not have any, but probably do now.

i love vet bills, not.

had to go to the vet today, my diamond female got some of her substrate stuck in her mouth and got an infection. she had her mouth cleaned and anti biotics for the next 2 weeks.

chives my male central beardie has refused to eat much and he is a pig so i checked him over opened his mouth and saw some worms in the back of his throat, bought reptile wormer wormed him and the worms will not go. so took him to the vet to get a stronger dose.

after my females lay i will be taking them to the vet for treatment as he was in contact with them.

i dunno were he got it from but i did quarantine him and he was eating and never saw a worm in his poo so put him in with the girls he mated and then i find worms and they did not have any, but probably do now.

i love vet bills, not.

When it rains it pores. Im glad your not taking the cheap way out and getting them all tested. Im curious though, what type of worms are they? Also what stronger med did the vet prescribe? I wish you luck and I hope you get all this sorted out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back