Incubator interior pic's wanted

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Added dry. P.S I cut the mesh within 1-2mm to suit the tub sizes so hatchys cannot get thru to water below and get stranded if not checked on all day. Also I put cable tie 'loops' at each end of mesh for handles to pull mesh out if and when required.

Pic of 'clump' of eggs below hatching with no perlite, as I got to eggs too late to seperate. Three of the eggs went bad 3 weeks out from hatching as you can see, but all the good eggs all hatched fine.

Looks like a good idea. Would aluminium work as well as stainless? What did you make the legs out of?

I just need to find a supply store for the mesh I will make up a few tubs.

Rick

Looks like a good idea. Would aluminium work as well as stainless? What did you make the legs out of?

I just need to find a supply store for the mesh I will make up a few tubs.

Rick

Do not use Aluminum, use stainless steel #316 food grade as it will not degrade over time. The whole frame is made of 316 welded together. If you cannot weld use PVC pipe as it works just as well.

The 'oyster mesh' I used was from 'BST oyster supplies pty ltd SA (08) 8629 6013' they deliver if they are still around?? I bought it off of them 4yrs ago now.

Last edited:
Do not use Aluminum, use stainless steel #316 food grade as it will not degrade over time. The whole frame is made of 316 welded together. If you cannot weld use PVC pipe as it works just as well.

The 'oyster mesh' I used was from 'BST oyster supplies pty ltd SA (08) 8629 6013' they deliver if they are still around?? I bought it off of them 4yrs ago now.

What's wrong with aluminium?

PVC tube and cable ties are the cheapest and easiest just visit bunnings done.

PVC tube and cable ties are the cheapest and easiest just visit bunnings done.

Bunnings doesnt stock the mesh though do they? PVC feet seem the easiest way to do it, will either do that or add a lip inside the container for the mesh to sit on. 4mm holes be about right size?

Last edited:
I was speaking to my brother today and he suggested using perspex istead of glass. I know perspex holds heat much better than glass so would i only need 1 sheet of perspex rather than two sheets of glass for the veiwing window.
Thanks Adam

Finally got some pic's of the new incubator I made. Heat cord thru out controlled on a dimming B2 Microclimate thermostat and shelves from bunnings.

Attachments

• P1080265.jpg
    P1080265.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 117
  • P1080264.jpg
    P1080264.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 115
  • P1080263.jpg
    P1080263.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 122
  • P1080262.jpg
    P1080262.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 110
Finally got some pic's of the new incubator I made. Heat cord thru out controlled on a dimming B2 Microclimate thermostat and shelves from bunnings.

Hey mate,

Not sure if I missed it or not, but what is the actually incubator made from originally? I have wine cooler with a glass door and a bar fridge also. Bar fridge has a fan, wine cooler doesn't. Not sure which one to use.

Hi Congo python , I'm interested to know what's the idea with the drink bottles at the bottom ?

Water bottles act as heat sinks, they help keep the temps stable. Anything filled with liquid will work for this, soft drink bottle, ice blocks or packs. I prefer using old soft drink bottles as they are designed to withstand the pressure of carbonation and won't leak

Heat cord is a 9m 80W cord and incubator is made out of fire resistant coolroom panels.The window is perspex inside and out of door panel to double insulate the viewing window. No fan needed and its inside dimensions are 1200H x 700w. Drink bottles = heat sink as Leamos said.

oh nicely done im thinking of having a solid wooden door and then where my shelves are have a viewing windows made out of acrylic but just dont no how to fix it to the wood and how thick to have it.

oh nicely done im thinking of having a solid wooden door and then where my shelves are have a viewing windows made out of acrylic but just dont no how to fix it to the wood and how thick to have it.

Have a closer look at the pic with the door in it I just predrilled holes, counter sunk them aswell and just screwed it off to the door with silicon to seal it completely. Make sure you put it on either side of door to double insulate the viewing windows.

With all the help I had I thought I better put the almost finished incubator up for any advice I may need to change things ... I'm getting a habistate thermostat this week ... Anything I need to change ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 85
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back