Water python project

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

the_brad

Reaction score
A few people will remember seeing this guy hatch acouple years ago..we'll he seems to have done the job, his mother ovulated acouple day! Pretty excited to see what comes of it
a9asyne8.jpg
y2usumem.jpg
ute4uvyn.jpg

He's beautiful :) Let's hope it is a genetic and recessive trait! Goodluck!!! :D

Cheers guys. Recessive... co-dominant... Beggars can't be choosers lol, ill b happy with anything! I would love for the yellow patches to be all over the hatchys but that's just wish full thinking

Cheers guys. Recessive... co-dominant... Beggars can't be choosers lol, ill b happy with anything! I would love for the yellow patches to be all over the hatchys but that's just wish full thinking

Now that would be something! :D

yea my bella she is lovely most of the time but can have her narky side normally around feed time or if she is woken up.

Got my fingers and toes crossed for you bud!!!! Goodluck!!

Cheers, she did her pre lay on Saturday so all going to schedule so far

good luck, water pythons can be crazy snakes but i love them. i have 3 at the moment, they are stunning but nut cases.

Yer I've experience a few nutters, both my adults are good, wouldn't touch em on a 30degree day if they hadn't eaten in a few weeks tho lol

tupuqubu.jpg

All hatched, all normal looking, now to grow them up n breed back to the dad and each other to see if it's receive, I plan to let acouple pairs go for the right offer if anyone is interested

Would be interesting to see if he amount of orange/yellow on them increases as they shed....

What a top pic!!! I will have one of these one day, they're very high on my list of priorities of serpents I'd like. Just need to learn a bit more about em.
Cheers for sharing!!

Patternless zebra water pythons?? Strike me lucky!!

Nice snakes no matter what happens. Water pythons were a dime a dozen over a decade ago and I have no idea how they became "unpopular" to general keepers.

Keep up the good work and good luck.

Definitely high on my wish list :D Gorgeous looking snakes!

They became unpopular because of animals coming from Fogg Dam biting the **** out of people and generally destroying the reputation of an otherwise fairly placid animal.
I've had several waters in my past, and every single one of them would bite the living daylights out of me if they had half a chance.

I think I was just playing the victim of losers trying to offload their aggressive animals on me. But eh, that was long ago.

I've had the pleasure of handling some subadults that a friend of mine bought from John Montgomery back in 2002 and I can just say his water pythons were absolutely FANTASTIC! Never ONCE did they even LOOK like biting. EXTREMELY docile specimens.

It depends on WHO you get the water pythons from. But, like any python, they can be snappy especially as youngsters, but some of it comes down to luck. If you want a placid water, make sure you see the parents and how they behave when they're handled. It's often a case of like father like son, etc. Same for any python really.

- - - Updated - - -

And I must say to Brad, I'm glad those waters have been bred and that you are planning on crossing them back. This could turn out to be a potential albino project or, could turn out to be just a random one-off thing. I hope it turns out really well for you. And, if I should ever get into waters at some point in the future I will definitely consider getting at least one from your line.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back