Best Places To Go Herping In Brisbane

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lizardlove

Reaction score
Hi Where are the best places to go herping in Brisbane? I have never done it before . Is there a certain time of day to go ? Any advice / tips would be great Thanks Ll

Find your own spots ;) .. Thats the way to go!

If you want to find sun loving lizards like skinks,dragons and monitors your best bet is to go in the afternoon or morning of a warm day and just look around for them basking
Snakes you can find on a warm night

Research the species that you want to see and then find the habitat that they prefer. Day and night are both good depending on the species, there are plenty of good spots and species around the area.

Hi Where are the best places to go herping in Brisbane? I have never done it before . Is there a certain time of day to go ? Any advice / tips would be great Thanks Ll
Around creeks and rivers I go in Jimboomba, always find lizards, especially around sandy creek beds, locals parks are good too when they've got lots of bushy plants, the lizards like the concrete for basking and early mornings on hot days around creeks with lots of undergrowth, there's always snakes out in this area :) not the best time of year tho :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back