Heat Lamps

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloyd2302

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have good suggestions for heat lamps? I have been using the OZ Purple 75w by URS but they keep blowing on me, I wipe them down to get rid of hotspots on the globe but they still blow. So frustrating! Any suugestions will be a help :)

Thanks!

One of the causes for a globe to blow is air getting in and oxidising the filament and it breaks, another possible cause could be a weak filament from being poorly made and the third possible reason could be high volts. I am not aware of how anything on the glass could effect the filament but I could be wrong.
Edit. what animal is this for?

Try a ceramic heat emitter.they come in a range of wattage

How about a normal light from bunnings for like $2 or a party light if you have a bayonet fitting

It's for my coastal carpet python just under a year old. The 75w purple globe worked for me as both light and heat, I've bought about five so far and only one has lasted me. Bought a replacement today as my 'good' one blew last night and I fitted it and that didn't work either.

For my coastal I used a 100 watt regular bulb for the day cycle (14 hours) and a 75 watt purple bulb for night cycle. Bit of a heat drop for night time. Both from reptile one. Haven't had one blow yet.

For my coastal I used a 100 watt regular bulb for the day cycle (14 hours) and a 75 watt purple bulb for night cycle. Bit of a heat drop for night time. Both from reptile one. Haven't had one blow yet.

How old are the bulbs?

I've been using these ones for about a month? Not sure how long they usually last but these seem to be good.

I found that ceramic bulbs have lasted much longer for myself.

Try Exo Terra or Zoomed globes. I consistently get 6+ months of life out of mine on a switching stat. I imagine it'd be even longer on a dimming stat.

Try Exo Terra or Zoomed globes. I consistently get 6+ months of life out of mine on a switching stat. I imagine it'd be even longer on a dimming stat.

I think i might try exo terras cause most people i know like them

Ok well try dimming rather than turning off and on you will find your lamps will last longer i had the same problem with infrared lamps so i bought a dimming switch now they are lasting for much longer, good luck mate

Ok well try dimming rather than turning off and on you will find your lamps will last longer i had the same problem with infrared lamps so i bought a dimming switch now they are lasting for much longer, good luck mate

Thanks will try that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back