if you see this it is probably to late

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bugger that, I lived up in Nhulunbuy/Gove when I was a kid and salties are the only thing I'm truly scared of, very sneaky beasties.

Ill never understand how ppl love them so much like mr erwin. Truly scary and all they want to do is eat u lol. That is one scary sight, I dont think walking on water would help think u would want to sprout wings lol

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I've seen that very thing many times. We are often in a 3 meter dinghy and the big boys are twice our size, having said that I have never had an unprovoked attack on the boat. One did attack the boat but only after I accidentaly hit him in the head with the propellor. Also had a few crash into the side when they are trying go under us in a small creek. And they will certainly snatch fish right next to the boat.

Fishing from the bank I am extremely nervous but from a boat with 3 inches freeboard I feel safe. Bit odd really!

I've seen that very thing many times. We are often in a 3 meter dinghy and the big boys are twice our size, having said that I have never had an unprovoked attack on the boat. One did attack the boat but only after I accidentaly hit him in the head with the propellor. Also had a few crash into the side when they are trying go under us in a small creek. And they will certainly snatch fish right next to the boat.

Fishing from the bank I am extremely nervous but from a boat with 3 inches freeboard I feel safe. Bit odd really!
Yes very odd, no one could get me to get in a boat to go fishing up there, went once and all I could see were eyes, lots and lots of them out in the water around us, totally terrified me, I was like 10 at the time, never again :(

Phatty, that critter looks huge. Regardless of actual size, it probably looks even bigger when it's right next to you.

I'm gonna say that bringing in a thrashing, possibly bleeding fish in next to the boat with a water gecko looking up at me is gonna detract from the whole fishing experience:|

Sydney airport 13 degrees. Arrive Darwin 28 degrees. Almost had to strip.

Sydney airport 13 degrees. Arrive Darwin 28 degrees. Almost had to strip.

Have fun whilst you're here, especially if you are naked :) Mind you I had a jacket on most of today cause it was a bit cool. Nice shot Phatty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back