Going to Melbourne. Reptile Related things to see ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

davobmx

Reaction score
Flying out to Melbourne today, already heading to the zoo but was wondering what are some other good places to go to see some animals, pet shops etc.
anything at all. I might try make it to amazing amazon but seems to be little bit of a hike.

I haven't been but ppl say that the werribee open range zoo is great. Amazing amazon in Glen Waverley with the freeway is only a 30 min drive, also Victorian Reptiles in hoppers crossing is about the same distance from the city they have a quite a few and also a big scruby that is being picked up in a couple of days.

Werribee open range zoo is good, Healesville sanctuary is also good. Amazing Amazon is in Glen Waverley, Fish and Feather in Kilsyth, Ballarat wildlife park they have a snake show at 1.30pm. Hope you enjoy our cold weather here in Melbourne lol :)

Amazing amazon is great! There is also a reptile petshop down at Vic markets...

If you could get to Ballarat wildlife park it would be something I would really recommend, I used to go there so much when I was younger, it's only maybe just over an hour - hour and a half tops to get there :)

If you could get to Ballarat wildlife park it would be something I would really recommend, I used to go there so much when I was younger, it's only maybe just over an hour - hour and a half tops to get there :)

Or a little further and you have Halls Gap Zoo :)
Their list of reptiles:

American Alligator
Black Rock Skink
Black-headed Python
Blotched Blue-tongued Lizard
Boa Constrictor
Carpet Python
Central Netted Dragon
Common Iguana
Cunningham’s Skink
Eastern Blue-tongued Lizard
Eastern Water Dragon
Estuarine Crocodile
Freshwater Crocodile
Frilled Lizard
Gould’s Goanna
Lace Monitor
Mertens’ Water Monitor
Northern Death Adder
Perentie
Pit-shelled Turtle
Red-bellied Black Snake
Ridge-tailed Monitor
Shingleback
Veiled Chameleon

Just went to the upper market petshop/aquarium.
Pretty scabby setup but you expect that from private shops.
But seeing three macaws chillin was a surprise and really cool.
The reptiles were something different for me but the Lace monitor looked to large for his enclosure.
$250 bredlis and jungles at a pet shop was a shock.

Popped by Victorian reptiles to pick up some woodies, thought I would take some photos to give you an idea of what it's like, up to you whether you hit or miss it:
usaneqat.jpg
atezu5ar.jpg
zesa2y5a.jpg
egete8yg.jpg
e6ajavap.jpg
yne2enyb.jpg

Victorian Reptiles is in Hoppers Crossing, Elm Park Drive. Someone mentioned it earlier in the thread. Obviously it doesn't even compare to displays at Melbourne Zoo, Halls Gap, etc. But not bad if someone is in the area.

Cheers guys, just went Melbourne aquarium and surprised with the reptiles they had.
Gtp
Water python
Water dragons
Skinks
Frogs

I took particular notice of the EWD's when I was there about 2 months ago. Love the enclosure!!

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 2

I live in Vic and I have never heard of Halls gap wild life park, New plans for the weekend... LOVE Ballarat wildlife park and Victorian reptiles is great, owner is awesome to chat with!

Sent from my GT-N7000

I live in Vic and I have never heard of Halls gap wild life park, New plans for the weekend... LOVE Ballarat wildlife park and Victorian reptiles is great, owner is awesome to chat with!

Sent from my GT-N7000

Halls Gap is great... a bit of a hike from Melb. If you do go make sure you tell them you want some one on one time with Fred, trust me you will love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back