PM Verification!?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacknife

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
So why on earth are we having to use the silly twisty word verification nonsense to send a PM to another member?
It's an absolute headache.

Its to stop spam like people trying to direct you to malicious websites and that kind of thing.

I have had it a bit lately as well when making posts and I deleted my cookies and it pretty much stopped.

Its an inbuilt safety mechanism. Are you using a proxy or VPN?

I
Aware of it's intended purpose, just wondering why on this site as in 4 years it's never prompted me before...

Can be implemented at any time just because it wasn't before doesn't mean it it can't me implemented.

Have you tried different browsers ?

Aware of it's intended purpose, just wondering why on this site as in 4 years it's never prompted me before...

I wasnt aware Nov 2012 to Jul 2013 was 4 years.

There are several reasons why the application would be prompting you more often than normal. They can range from using a proxy/VPN to editing your post on an iPad using 3G as the ip can change randomly. Try clearing your cache and trying another browser.

Failing that, it's best to log a ticket

I wasnt aware Nov 2012 to Jul 2013 was 4 years.

There are several reasons why the application would be prompting you more often than normal. They can range from using a proxy/VPN to editing your post on an iPad using 3G as the ip can change randomly. Try clearing your cache and trying another browser.

Failing that, it's best to log a ticket

Haha thats how long Badsville has been on here...

I was just curious, it seems to have stopped now anyhoo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back