South West Carpet Pythons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IsaHerpLvrs

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi i was just wondering if anyone in QLD or any of the eastern states keep or breed these beautiful snakes as everytime i see ads for these guys its always WA.And as always pics are always welcome :D

Hi i was just wondering if anyone in QLD or any of the eastern states keep or breed these beautiful snakes as everytime i see ads for these guys its always WA.And as always pics are always welcome :D
I know there are a few pairs over east. They really only came into the pet trade in larger numbers back in 2003 when WA was allowed to keep them. Since they are only found in WA it's not that common for people to keep them as they have other local carpets more readily available at cheaper prices.

I know there are a few pairs over east. They really only came into the pet trade in larger numbers back in 2003 when WA was allowed to keep them. Since they are only found in WA it's not that common for people to keep them as they have other local carpets more readily available at cheaper prices.
Its a shame theres not more available over here in the eastern states cause there so beautiful,and with the price to get them here from WA its really not worth it,whats there temperament like compaired to other carpets?
And ur right about the price difference compaired to other carpets i was just looking at an ad on gumtree $550 each for a hatchie

Last edited:
They are pretty mellow though you get the occasional one that likes to taste your blood.

Here's my Geraldton locale pair. :D Hoping to breed them either this season or next season, will be keeping back some hatchies and being very selective about who the others go to.

p11509542.jpg

p1170627.jpg

Vixen - i swear you post just to tease us all lol. Envious of your collection.

Sent from my LG-P690f using Tapatalk 2

Some of mine.. Second pic is a friends animal.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 114
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 92
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 87
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 98
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_1972.jpg
    IMG_1972.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 88
  • 0882n60_20.jpg
    0882n60_20.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 85
  • nessy 600_edited-1.jpg
    nessy 600_edited-1.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 81
  • DSC_6779_2028_edited-1.jpg
    DSC_6779_2028_edited-1.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 90
  • SWCP10.jpg
    SWCP10.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 92
  • DSC_4381_edited-1.jpg
    DSC_4381_edited-1.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 83
Defs on my wanted list.

Sent from my LG-P690f using Tapatalk 2

Wow Snowman they are beautiful!
They tend to darken considerably with age. If you have seen a WA keepers list there isnt a lot on there. Carpets are probably my favourite thing, next to olives.

Not very big. Generally only about 6 foot long. You get some bigger than that and a few smaller...

Here's my Geraldton locale pair. :D Hoping to breed them either this season or next season, will be keeping back some hatchies and being very selective about who the others go to.

p11509542.jpg

p1170627.jpg
As always vixen such beautiful snakes!! if there anything the the proserpines i got from u last year they will turn out some beautiful hatchies!

Vixen and Snowman, beautiful snakes! I too would love a pair of these but theres so much variation in their colour and pattern it would be hard to stop at one pair!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back