Substrate

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im using washed play sand and its cheap and easy to clean and looks good

pyzaheru.jpg
this is the stuff

Playsand with lots of climbing places but not coming in contact with salad. Also helps that my beardie does his business in the same spot everyday so I just put a ceramic tile there and he goes on that, like a toilet, so it's very hygienic for longer.

Playsand with lots of climbing places but not coming in contact with salad. Also helps that my beardie does his business in the same spot everyday so I just put a ceramic tile there and he goes on that, like a toilet, so it's very hygienic for longer.

Wish mine did that, they do it everywhere and recently found logs a really good spot to do it (really really annoying to clean if you have any in you're tank)

I use sand but I was having a debate with the girl at a Melbourne Pet shop today that said to use bark chips.

You can use either, but sand would be better and easier to clean and look better and easier to dig

Yeah they do the same but would love to have red desert sand but to expansive compared to play sand

When we had heaps of beardies the playsand is definitely ideal. I'm slowly doing up a nicer display cage for my female so red sand was the way to go )

I use red desert...might check out the play sand. She was saying you shouldn't use sand as it gets stuck in the Beardies eyes and eyes and can make them blind and deaf?

I use red desert...might check out the play sand. She was saying you shouldn't use sand as it gets stuck in the Beardies eyes and eyes and can make them blind and deaf?

It may get in there eyes but you can just wash it out and as for they deaf part i think she's a bit full of it aha

You can wash the playsand before use, it's the cement in some sands that can do that. That's why you can't just use any sand from your landscaper.

Finally the deaf/beardie pandemic of central Australia has been solved, give the pet shop worker a medal

I'm using red plasterer's sand. The guy at the landscape yard said there's no additives in it, and so far I'm very happy with it. And Melvin loooves it! I'm going to put a deeper layer in it so he's got enough room to dig an actual burrow instead of a ditch. It holds its form really well too, better than the play sand. It's wet at first but dries out pretty quickly with the heat lamp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back