feeding in separate tubs vs in cage

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never owned a snake hook and have no plans to buy one. Never fed a snake outside its enclosure and don't see any need for it.
As I have stated on many other threads on this subject, I can't wait to see how people manage to do this when they have a large python with a full belly that they need to handle back into an enclosure and it doesn't want to go.
It's not the big ones. It's the little ones like adders where owning a hook is handy.

I feed all mine in tubs so I can clean there enclosures while they eat, after they finish and there enclosure is clean and good to go I hold the tub next to there enclosure and they climb from the tub back to there home, I dont need to handle them after they eat they just do there thing

I feed all mine in their enclosures. Saves disturbing them with a gut-full of food and when they feel their most vulnerable. As for bites, i have always used a hook from day one to let them know i am coming and from there it is a combination and hand and hook to retrieve them from the enclosures. I have not had need to use a hook once out of the enclosure though, its only to let them know I am coming. Have not been bitten YET. From my somewhat limited experience so far, if they are in a cranky mood they are gonna give you attitude, hungry or not...

I've started feeding in their enclosures today ....to time consuming and stressful getting them out. I have decided its just easier for me and the snakes :)

Hi.

I am a novice so please forgive me if I ask something previously answered.

I am feeding my mac in an enclosure so I can maintain a temp >28deg. His cage gets down to 26 at night and I was advised (rightly or wrongly) that he needs to be >28deg while digesting. I have been leaving him in overnight then moving back to his cage first thing in the morning.

Is there anything wrong with this?

Also, I am heating up his dinner using hot water (after thawing in fridge for 24 hours). Is there any other popular method?

Thanks guys.

Feeding in tubs to reduce the chance of being tagged from a feed response is absolute crap! Does this mean your snakes know that when you take them out, your taking them out for a feed or what. Feed in the enclosure. It make no difference, except for less stress for the KEEPER and the SNAKE.

i feed all of mine in their enclosure, the only time i use a tub is wen 2 snakes are housed together, i take one out into the tub and the other is fed in the enclosure.

i have a few snakes that will not eat in a tub but eat in their enclosure. also a lot of my snakes try to tag me wen moving them out of the tub. the snakes i feed in their enclosure are placid as long as i do not smell like food except for the few that are aggressive every day whether it is feed day or not.

i think feeding in tubs is nonsense, and your more likely to get bitten doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back