Introducing two Hatchlings, Good or Bad Idea?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack92

Not so new Member
Reaction score
So I've had my Jungle/Diamond Python named Kaa for nearly two months now, and he is awesome so tame and placid. I was thinking of getting another one around the same age and opposite sex, I was wondering what age hatchlings have to be to get their sex checked? Also how would I go about introducing the two if I was to get another hatchling?

Thanks Guys :)

Introducing two snakes as any time other than breeding is generally considerd - as stated above - a big fat bad idea...

Hatchlings are learning to eat, so theirs a pretty good chance they might have a go at each other. That is if by "introducing", you mean housing together? If you're talking about them being near each other while handling, then you shouldn't have a problem.

Why though? Hatchlings are easily kept in individual tubs on a heat mat. I certainly wouldn't advise keeping them together.

Was that another Snake in its gut? :( I just wanted the same species but opposite sex, and yes one day I eventually want to breed them :) But for now I will leave him be, thanks for the advice guys :)

well he did say introduce them. He didn't say housing together he could mean holding two at the same time. i don't have a problem holding multiple snakes at the same time i just make sure they are the same size obviously i wouldn't hold to snakes if one was a living chainsaw.

I'd wait until both snakes are sexually mature before putting them in the same enclosure for sure. I'm only a novice keeper so even then I'd be cautious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back