Python Record Chart Templates?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jessicastockwell

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I am trying to find some templates for a chart to monitor growth, feeding, etc for my BHP that I am getting in the near future. I have tried google but haven't found much. Does anyone else use these and have a template that they would like to share?

I use an app called "SnakeKeeper" that records everything and even sends me a reminder on feeding day :)

Oh is it only for iPhone? Bummer :( I used to keep a paper record, this is a pic of it. The guy I bought my python off gave it to me.
utuju4y4.jpg

You're welcome :)

I was a bit to start, wanting to keep track of when he poops and stuff. I soon gave up lol.

Also, do you know how hard it is to accurately measure a snake?! It's ridiculous lol. Hence the approx size noted haha.

I just have a spreadsheet, each tab is another python. And it's on google drive so that my housemate can access it.

The columns: Date, Snake Weight, Snake Length (approx), What was offered (size and if rejected), Feed Weight, Notes (ie shed, increased feed size, vet history).

We don't weigh the rodents every time, we often use the average of the size. I pay more attention to the snake's weight than length. Length is more of an opportunistic thing for when the snake decides to spread out along the edge of the tank. (my coastal doubled herself over against the side of the 1.2m tank at one point, so we know she is 2.3m, but she's the only one we're sure about.)

Have a word document I devised that you can change easily as you see fit, if you would like a copy please PM me your Email address and I will fire it over to you.

Kindest regards

Endeavour

I use Snakekeeper App for iphone but also keep a diary on each nake, officeworks diarys are only $1.50 each! Definitly a good buy if you are OCD!

snakekeeper is great i wish it had a breeding section where you could put down what snake mated with what snake on each date etc

Again I prefer google drive, I'm not a iphone user, but google drive is available as an iphone app and online and it just links all your documents to an email adress. It's a spread sheet or word document (I prefer spreadsheet, cause then you don't have to make a table) so it's really easy to use. You just make a new page for every python, and you can copy sheets and then remove the old data if you don't want to make the template every time... and you choose what you do and don't keep a record of.

Iv'e never kept records, (sorry I lie, I did once for about a week)
I feed every second weekend, they poop a few days later.
They shed when they need to.
If one is heading into shed, none of them get fed until it's finished.

If one decides to refuse food (which hasn't happened) it doesn't get fed that fortnight.

This is what I use. I've cut my actual one down just to leave a couple of examples in there but all you do is copy the male or female blank sheets for each animal you have. It used to have more info but I deleted the stuff I considered unnecessary (eg pooping). I also added that front page to give a bit of an overview at a glance. If you're any good with Excel, it shouldn't be hard to add rows.

Attachments

• Saximus's Snakes - Copy.xlsx
    562.3 KB · Views: 235
I just created my own excel document and I record everything in that. Works for me - and satisfies my OCD lol

I did the same with an Excel document :) .................................Ron

Attachments

• Book1.xls
    198 KB · Views: 73
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back