Has anyone done this.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
150 is a bloody good deal though. Hope it works out for you. Nothing like watching money splinter into a million pieces before your eyes lol.

i use to have a 17ft fish tank that weighed about 500kg to move it i had to call my local aquarium that also made fish tanks and they had these suction caps that they stuck to the glass and they had handles and it made it really easy to lift and a large truck. they charged me $800 to move it from my old place to my new place and truned up with 4 blokes lucky i had 8 more blokes at my place willing to help.

but wen i decided to sell it no one wanted to buy it as it was to large to move and would cost more to move than the $150 i wanted for the tank which i paid $4000 for 2 years earlier. so i smashed it up and took the glass to the recycling tip.

i will never buy a tank that big i originally got it as i had wobigong sharks and epaulete sharks. to much of a head ache.

4ft and smaller are easy to work with.

That is absolutely crazy! 17ft!! You would need one big truck to move that. I can't believe you had to smash it up, that's a shame. I'm surprised the local aquarium didn't want it. But then again a whole 6plus metres is a hell of a lot of tank to deal with. How long did it take you to pick up all the glass after you smashed it?

If it were me I would buy a case of beer and ask neighbors for help. Most people would be happy to help out another person and it wouldn't be a huge chunk of time out of their day. I've pulled over at least twice to help people move something they were struggling with.
i wish people around here were the same. I asked a fellow walking past and he gave me a look like I was crazy, how nice of him. I could tell as soon as i started talking to him he was a piece of work and didn't want anything to do with me, just kept walking while I was talking to him. What's wrong with some people these days.

Where you live? i am happy to help out. Just inbox me

Unfortunately I live in very northern nsw, Thankyou for your generosity. :)

Im in Brisbane, im happy to give a hand if needed. I think we will need half a dozen people at least though.

My 7' x 3' x 2' aquarium arrived the other weekend so i know how you feel!

My mate had his 8x4x3 aquarium picked up and dropped of by the bloke at the aquarium shop. 4 men to lift it using the suction caps, from the stand to a trolley. Wheeled out to the van an 4 blokes again to get in the there.

Why not ring your local aquarium shop an see if they can help, offer cash and beers and you might get out of it lightly.

Rick

2 days to smash it all up and get it on the trailer. aquarium shop does not sell second hand tanks so they were not interested in buying it.

Good for little monitors the big fish tanks ,its easy to insulate the back and sides. Need big guys to lift them , 6ft one ive got is no problem moving with myself and eldest son but 8 ft is frontrow forward material.

Good luck buddy... Don't listen to the haters... You'll be thankful you persisted when everything is in place looking a million bucks... Very satisfying :)

I live in Lismore northern nsw if this helps happy to give a hand to a fellow keeper.
cheers Jacob

ps also have experience with this as I have a 6 x 3 x 2 12mm glass

Maybe you could try your local furniture removal company. Can't hurt to ask. Chuck em some cash, jobs done?

Go to local hardwear store buy 8 decent caster wheels, 2 pieces of plywood 18-20mm thick at about 2x3 foot screw the casters to each corner of the boards and you have yourself a trolly for each end.

Go to local hardwear store buy 8 decent caster wheels, 2 pieces of plywood 18-20mm thick at about 2x3 foot screw the casters to each corner of the boards and you have yourself a trolly for each end.

Yeah cheers, I'm probably going to try and put together/buy some sort of trolley. I was going to do this but after someone said above the pressure in one point might make the tank crack.
But great idea, I'm going to head down to Bunnings tomorrow and finally get this tank inside and set-up!

I had a similar problem getting my 6ft tank inside. I ended up asking my neighbours who are complete strangers if they'd lend me some muscle. Not sure if that helps, but it's what I'd do in your situation.

Yeah cheers, I'm probably going to try and put together/buy some sort of trolley. I was going to do this but after someone said above the pressure in one point might make the tank crack.
But great idea, I'm going to head down to Bunnings tomorrow and finally get this tank inside and set-up!
ok revised design for you, go get a piece of 18-20mm ply, cut it 50mm wider and 50mm longer than your tank is buy 6 heavy duty casters and fix them to the ends and middle of the ply( ensure all casters are swivel casters not the fixed ones so they turn) that will support your tank all you have to try do then is lift it onto the trolley. Many hands make light work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back