Peekaboo?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lawra

Come here Squishy!
Reaction score
So I walked past Steve's enclosure tonight and he tried to launch through the glass at me.

Very weird!

He seemed really skittish so I stuck my phone in his face for a video before opening the door. He didn't try biting me or anything but I only held him long enough to replace his paper towel.

Any thoughts?

http://youtu.be/xIUNLGfQa2s

very cute, even his tail is wagging as he does it. is he due for a feed and time soon?

Haha I like his wiggling tail :) it is very cute. He was so jumpy though!

He got fed 3 fuzzy rats on Tuesday and is due for another feed on Sunday.

Tail waggling is a sign he is looking for food. What weight is he?

110g. He just went nuts when I walked past again. Unless I'm startling him? He's totally fine as soon as I open the door though.

If I need to feed him more, what should I try? It sounds silly but he turns his nose up at anything with fur which is why he's been getting 3 fuzzy rats instead of something bigger.

Last edited:
110g. He just went nuts when I walked past again. Unless I'm startling him? He's totally fine as soon as I open the door though.

If I need to feed him more, what should I try? It sounds silly but he turns his nose up at anything with fur which is why he's been getting 3 fuzzy rats instead of something bigger.
Looks like he is feeding fine but I would try fur asap as the fur is roughage and good for him.

He really doesn't like fur. Must tickle his nose? Lol. Hates arm hair too, but loves playing in the hair in my head. Go figure?

Is there something I can feed him other than fluffy rodents at this age that will give him said roughage?

What if the fur is wet eg. Rats defrosted in water so the fur is damp??? Can I also assume you mean 3 Pinkies as Fuzzies have fur. I also agree with previous posts the tail wagging usually means hungry.

Looks like typical hungry behaviour....I'd get him off the fuzzies, and feed one meal, not 3. You could try a fuzzy with the next size up rat attached to the fuzzy.
If they're hungry, they'll eat it, Womas are usually pigs.

How do u know he doesnt like fur or arm hair? It might just take him a while to get used to the change?

Sent from my LG-P690f using Tapatalk 2

What if the fur is wet eg. Rats defrosted in water so the fur is damp??? Can I also assume you mean 3 Pinkies as Fuzzies have fur. I also agree with previous posts the tail wagging usually means hungry.

You assume wrong. Fuzzies have the tiniest bit of fur which when wet (I defrost in a bowl of water) doesn't seem to worry him. Something with more fur - no go even when wet.

He's due to be fed tomorrow, I suppose one day early wont matter.

How do u know he doesnt like fur or arm hair? It might just take him a while to get used to the change?

Sent from my LG-P690f using Tapatalk 2

Turns his nose up and goes the opposite direction.

they're all different. My girl hates rats but goes nuts on mice and baby quail.

Ooo baby quail! Do pet stores sell them? I know they sell large quail. Are they better for womas eg not so fatty?

Be careful offering quails if you cannot get a regular supply of them.Sometimes they can get a taste for certain food items refusing everything else on offer.

Let the snake go hungry.I bet it will then eat rodents with fur after a while.

Ooo baby quail! Do pet stores sell them? I know they sell large quail. Are they better for womas eg not so fatty?

Growing mice an rats have barely any fat, only need to fat fat intake when your woma is full size. If he wont take a hairy mouse/rat and refuses you could always just wait another week and he should take want ever is offered.

Rick

Growing mice an rats have barely any fat, only need to fat fat intake when your woma is full size. If he wont take a hairy mouse/rat and refuses you could always just wait another week and he should take want ever is offered.

Rick

Thanks :) I'll get some today and try that. If he's hungry I guess he'll eat anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back