Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The pair of stimmies that vixen posted (someone reposted it above) are "pin stripes". I agree with reptileaddiction though... onimocnhoj- your macs are stunning and that stripe along its spine is absolutely amazing!

Thanks for the comments everyone.

I am not interested in debating the name I have used for these animals nor the size of pins in QLD. I have produced striped macs before, but the hatchlings from this line are different and do seem 'pin-striped' when they emerge. Please remember that this is a term that began nearly ten years ago referring to this genetic trait. It was simply a name that was used to separate these macs from other striped mac projects. I could have come up with something much more creative.

Remember that granite childrens/carpets aren't actually made of stone and ghost childrens aren't spirits of former snakes..;)

It is simply a name that I believe is close to the mark when it comes to describing the morph. Time will tell.

Cheers.

This is a pretty standard striped mac. I don't see pin-stiriped being a bad way to describe those ones John has posed.

My impression of pin stripes is very thin vertical striping not one horizontal back stripe...???... John... As usual very nice ... Thanks Pete

My impression of pin stripes is very thin vertical striping not one horizontal back stripe...???... John... As usual very nice ... Thanks Pete

Thats in relation to stimsoni. When have you ever seen a maculosus with vertical striping? Pin-stripe is a perfectly suitable way of describing a stripe regardless of the direction it is going.

Thats in relation to stimsoni. When have you ever seen a maculosus with vertical striping? Pin-stripe is a perfectly suitable way of describing a stripe regardless of the direction it is going.

Very correct... Tho I'm sure most people would say that mac is a rp stripe?.... So my darwins must be pin stripes ?

You can call your darwins whatever you like. Just like John can call those maccies whatever he wants. Pinstripe is a fairly accurate description.

I said ... My impression off.... And got a rude answer??? Jeeez no wonder all the old regulars on this forum don't post anymore.... I also stated how I liked them but someone took it on them selves to stick there nose in when there was no need... I was only inclining... As for the others that have jumped on the band waggon GFY

I appreciate the positive comments from some members. Particularly those who have been very patiently watching this project for years now. It makes me enjoy sharing the progress on a forum such as this.

The criticism is always going to emerge from somewhere, but over a name? A name that isn't wildly exciting? That is disappointing, especially when every member here enjoys seeing new advancements in morphs, genetic inheritability and pretty snakes.

Pointless comments regarding where or when a stripe is "pin-like" should remain in one's diary as it will not influence my choice of words. These posts are actually the ones that make me not want to contribute, most notably "GFY".

Stop the mass debating!

On with the show..

PinMacYA2.JPG

Last edited:
I think they're stunning John, would love to have a few of them in my collection!

Here's three of my Ants from yesterday afternoon, having so much fun playing around with the new DSLR and lense. :D

q83p.jpg

2g6j.jpg

hm4c.jpg

So my gf sent this to me.. I think it looks like a mac. However has the orange pop of a collett. I think its northern sa but not heaps sure of location.. still cool snakey.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1375335148332.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1375335148332.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 218
^That Mac surely has a beautiful orange tinge to it! Beautiful, never seen one like it :)

John, web forums, like this one, are a place for discussion. As I said in my previous post you can call them whatever you like. I'd doesn't mean I agree, and I am free to voice my opinion on here. Not everyone is going to agree with you. This is the case on web forums or in real life. I think you have some amazing animals, but if all you are here for is to brag about your animals and expect everyone to give you nothing but positive comments and agree with everything you type, to make you feel better about yourself, maybe the Internet is not the place for you. I'm not on these websites to only give negative comments. I'm here to learn, have some discussions and see some beautiful animals. I like to complement people where I think it's due. But if I think if I think something is mislabeled I will say so. Many people have disagreed with labels I have given my animals. That is their right. In the past I have chose to either take it on board, discuss it or ignore it. You have the same choices. Happy to discuss in PM's if you'd prefer not to discuss it in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back