Going to Melbourne. Reptile Related things to see ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just went to the zoo, was awesome, a lot of exotics, fell in love with the Eyelash Vipers and emerald tree boas.
Was hoping for some more local reptiles but was still sick.

Went back to that pet shop today, I know some people don't mind tubs etc and I understand the reasons behind them but to me this is still unnecessary.
zyha6aty.jpg

neryvu4y.jpg

There is no possible heat gradient available, no cooling or hot spot, top animal is going to be Warmer than the one below.
There wer also free enclosures around to be used, this just seems like complete laziness and disregard for the welfare of the animal.

Went back to that pet shop today, I know some people don't mind tubs etc and I understand the reasons behind them but to me this is still unnecessary.

There is no possible heat gradient available, no cooling or hot spot, top animal is going to be Warmer than the one below.
There wer also free enclosures around to be used, this just seems like complete laziness and disregard for the welfare of the animal.

Up Market Pets?

Up Market Pets?

Yeah that's the one.
The children's pythons that are still in the tubs are the same ones from when I bought Sebastian, so they would be at a close 2 years old now.
I go there a lot and speak with most of the staff there as I live around the corner, I know for a fact that they are only being fed fuzzy mice because they have "to many" and want to keep them small

Last edited:
Ballarat Wildlife park, Melbourne Aquarium and Healsville Sanctuary were all great, especially when I got to go behind the scenes for free. The Shark and Ray feeding centre was a lot of fun. Most of the pet shops in VIC were pretty top notch. I visited a good mate earlier this year from Snake Catcher Victoria Australia and often get to go on calls with him catching Tigers and Copperheads, even got the chance to meet a lovely Crocodile keeper from Ballarat and was given the honour of feeding her big adult Salty. A few other mates from down that way have some very impressive snake collections aswell. Enjoy it while you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back