Good afternoon fellow herp enthusiasts

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bworl5

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Redbank, Queensland, Australia, Australia
I was just wondering if anyone would have any tips for maintenance of a freshly shed skin (anteresia maculosa), hopefully with preparation advice for storage and show and tell for the siblings?
Thanks in advance, Brendon

My kids just stick it in a sandwich bag and take it to school ;) I've seen lots of people just store them in tubs, jars and sandwich bags :)

No special treatment is required. Just make sure it's not rolled up and let it air dry

I've been told that in NSW its illegal for the kids to take the shed skin to school can anyone confirm this please

Not sure. My young bloke has taken many in for show and tell.

Only concern I can see is they are worried about salmonella. Another thing to note after sitting in a bag for a day or 2 , upon opening you will realise how they smell.

I've been told that in NSW its illegal for the kids to take the shed skin to school can anyone confirm this please

It's not against any licence conditions that I can find. I would consider it to be a waste product anyway. So unless they intend on legislating how you dispose of things like poop as well, I can't see why it would matter to them. I'm pretty sure there are rules about taxidermied dead animals but that's different.

I'm in Vic so not sure....I just tell my kids to wash their hands if they touch the shed just like after they touch a snake, I have never had any issues with them getting sick. After they have used it for show and tell they bring it home and we bin it, I never keep shed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back