Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Order my copy of The more complete chondro today, hopefully will know it back to front before I get my GTP after this breeding season.

Playing around with my new camera! One showing some white dorsal scales starting to come through, and another of the little one having a ball out in the shrubs. :lol:

wksd.jpg

ux24.jpg

Hi Flav

Is that yellow on the right paired with another yellow? And secondly are you based in Aus?

Hi Jeffa,

He's not old enough to breed yet (would be lucky if he's big enough next year) and yes, I am based in Australia :)

Aren't greens just magic!

Here is a sibling to yours Vixen. Some white popping up here as well :)

GTPKA2.1.JPG

Funny how the excitement isn't always about the yellow to green. The white is the icing with Aussies!

Yes Andynic, that's what he's talking about, although I can count ~20 future white scales in that pic. There is no doubt more that we can't see.
These whitish scales appear just prior to ontogenetic colour change and become the white vertebral spots seen in native GTP's.

Yes Andynic, that's what he's talking about, although I can count ~20 future white scales in that pic. There is no doubt more that we can't see.
These whitish scales appear just prior to ontogenetic colour change and become the white vertebral spots seen in native GTP's.
Cheers mate, now I have enlarged the photo I can see more white spots. Forgive me but I am just getting started with GTPs or will be anyway.

No worries. They're a fascinating and mysterious species that we still have so much to learn about.

This is my female, pre lay shed??? Seems the timing does not add up completely since observed mating! Other than that swelling, extremely uncomfortable, and going off food when 24/7 heat has been applied. Any ideas anyone? I am pretty sure i witnessed ovulation about a week and a half ago. Also is male that she has been mated with.
View attachment 294088 View attachment 294089

Pictures work now. I'm sure someone with some more experience breeding greens will be able to help :)

Pictures work now. I'm sure someone with some more experience breeding greens will be able to help :)

hope so. I guess I will find out in about 14 to 21 days mif she lays eggs. Your snake on the right pic i thought was a pure yellow of breeding age, hence the question.

Can't wait to read this, it arrived today thanks to Herp Books.

Attachments

• Book.jpg
    Book.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 102
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back