My Stimson wont eat

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

munjo

Reaction score
Hi a have had a Stimson for about 7 months she has always eatin well as soon as I put a mouse in she has snapped it up but 4 the last 3 months she will not eat. Her tank was getting wee bit cold so I uped the heat blubber and het mat she is still looking healthy as fare as I know and is happy 2 cme out wn offered but will still not eat. Should I b worried and if so wat cn I do 2 get her 2 eat ?

What temps do you have her at? Also it is winter so it's natural for them to go off their food for a while

I second MathewB - what are her temps? Also, how old is she?

We were told she was about 2 when we got her I had the temp between 30- 32 was dropping 2 about 25-27ish at nite so I upped the bulb size and heat mat and put cardboard around and cover at nite 2 try keep the heat up I have put the heat up 34 but it still dropes down over nite she still won't eat

It is quite normal for a Stimson's python that's two and a half years old to go off food in winter. Even if the enclosure heat we provide is perfect, they can sense the change in season. Snakes simply won't eat if it's too cold - without heat they can't digest properly and that can lead to food rotting in the stomach.

I wouldn't bother trying to feed her until September. If she is healthy, she will be perfectly fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back