Found in Garden - NT Top End

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Got called to remove this guy threatening the sanity of a quiet street by plotting to kill the owners dogs and then taking on the families in the street. I have an inkling of what it may be but to break a trend of mis-identifications, could I have some practiced opinions as to what it may be?

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Thanks Guys, I thought as much. Up here the locals refer to them as moon snakes, Im still trying to find out why but I presume its due to the crescent shape of colour across the "neck".

Placid little guy who wasn't shy about having a pinkie tail before release tomorrow.

It's not a shame it's venomous, Furina are not dangerous
they don't even try to bite either

Last edited:
beautiful moon snake mate! i dream of owning one someday soon :) lol p.s ive only ever known them as a moon snake :S

It looks like its only a baby too.

Snakepimp is right as a general rule they really do not try to bite. I have 2 originally wild caught under permit from the NT and whilst they will try to head butt you I have never seen them open their mouths.

Only venomous elapid I would consider free handling.

I won't share the photos but yes he was very pleasant to handle and did not do anything remotely aggressive the whole time I had him. Definitely one of the easiest relocations I've done.

You are correct too butters, he was only around 20cm long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back